Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: British Car Day in Ancaster, Ontario
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
NorthPoint
Today was British Car Day in a place called Ancaster, Ontario just outside Hamilton. The drive there was quite the event, rain so hard the windshield wipers did nothing, massive lightning, and then to top it all off a little bit of hail. I decided to stop at a mall until it cleared up. Here are some of the images I captured...

My favourite MG of all, the GT...

An interesting colour...

NorthPoint

DakianDelomast
Triumph had some DERANGED colors for the TR6. Imagine that purple car with a green interior.
NorthPoint

phidong
Really great pictures. They're very sharp. I like your filling of the frame on a lot of the shots, but for the full car shots, you might want to take a step or two back. You avoided all the people reflections.. great job there. smile.gif

What camera/equipment are you using?
PAULIE_D
Really crisp pictures. Beautiful !! Too bad we had rainy weather in southern Ontario today.

Some day ... I will own an Austin Mini Cooper of my own. thumbs_up.gif
NorthPoint
I am just using a little Canon Digital Elph S230.

PAULIE_D
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Apr 18 2004, 07:04 PM)

Wow, your Canon takes pics that make my Sony look like a POS.

Sony digicams tend to be too grainy and have poor performance when lighting conditions are less than ideal.
RedLine
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Apr 18 2004, 03:04 PM)

I know nothing about cameras. How much would it cost me to get me one of those?
clarkma5
A Elph S230 can be had for about $300 USD (~$420 canadian)

You can also get a 2.0 megapixel S200 for about $200-$250 USD (~$280-$350 canadian) and there is a 4 megapixel model (the S400) that can be had for about $400 USD (~$550 canadian)

They're all good cameras, and very small, but they're pricey right now because they're extremely popular.
NorthPoint
QUOTE(RedLine @ Apr 18 2004, 06:26 PM)
I know nothing about cameras. How much would it cost me to get me one of those?

I don't remember what I paid but that was a while ago anyway. Mine is a 3.2 Megapixel and there are better ones out now.
RedLine
Think a $200 Camera in general would be good?
clarkma5
$200 canadian? doubtful....if you were to get anything for that money, look at the 2.0 megapixel Kodaks and research carefully. $200 american is usually enough to buy a good 2.0 megapixel from pretty much anybody though.
idiot
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Apr 18 2004, 03:04 PM)

do you use manual or auto mode?
NorthPoint
QUOTE(idiot @ Apr 18 2004, 06:59 PM)
do you use manual or auto mode?

Both. It's been on Manual most of the time lately. The above photographs were all taken on Manual mode.
idiot
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Apr 18 2004, 04:04 PM)
Both. It's been on Manual most of the time lately. The above photographs were all taken on Manual mode.

full manual? not just Av or Tv? manual focus? by the way, how did you take the last pic with the red logo in black and white background? huh.gif
phidong
QUOTE(idiot @ Apr 18 2004, 04:08 PM)
full manual? not just Av or Tv? manual focus? by the way, how did you take the last pic with the red logo in black and white background? huh.gif

If conditions aren't changing outside that much, shooting fully manual is the best way to get all the exposures coming out relatively the same. smile.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(idiot @ Apr 18 2004, 04:08 PM)

photoshop
dukenukem
QUOTE(RedLine @ Apr 18 2004, 03:41 PM)
Think a $200 Camera in general would be good?

go for the kodal DSM something... 5.0 megapixel camera if u need it for simple photography....its around 250$ or so
idiot
QUOTE(phidong @ Apr 18 2004, 04:38 PM)
If conditions aren't changing outside that much, shooting fully manual is the best way to get all the exposures coming out relatively the same. smile.gif

i'm usually in a rush when i take pictures so most of the time i use auto and they don't look very good sad.gif
NorthPoint
QUOTE(idiot @ Apr 18 2004, 07:08 PM)

Av or Tv? It's set to autofocus even on manual. And yes, on some of them I did some mild photoshopping, the hood ornament with the red logo and on the Triumph pic I did the same.
Montero
that mini looks tight as hell
hafid
excellent pictures!
fallon
heart.gif to the mini and the sprit, i love both cars

i really like your black and white photo of the jaguar hood ornament
Enigma_Man
QUOTE(Montero @ Apr 18 2004, 10:18 PM)

What is this "tight"? I always hear it from the ghetto down the road "mmm, that car is TYTE yo, dawg, mmm" I'm guessing it's good, but really, it sounds very silly.

-Jesse
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(Montero @ Apr 19 2004, 01:18 AM)

Translation:

Zounds good sir! That is a mighty fine looking automobile that I would not mind have sexual intercourse with!
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Apr 19 2004, 05:14 PM)
Translation:

Zounds good sir!  That is a mighty fine looking automobile that I would not mind have sexual intercourse with!

So if someone says that a car is "tight", they are implying that they wanna stick their "cack" in it then ? wink.gif

I guess the only logical place would be the tailpipe. So then if a car has a oversized "fart can" style exhaust, it would be a "loose" car.

A word of caution .... let the car cool off first before you attempt it. wink.gif
fallon
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Apr 19 2004, 01:20 PM)
A word of caution .... let the car cool off first before you attempt it. wink.gif

you wouldnt want to blister the Bobby
Viper007Bond
Nice pictures! woot.gif

Note: to those wanting to get that Elph, may I suggest just getting a PowerShot instead (unless you need a tiny camera).

Small = less features generally.
soarer
looks like it was a traditional english day!!. must of been fun.

QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Apr 19 2004, 08:53 AM)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
doing what all english cars do best RUST AWAY!!
NorthPoint
QUOTE(Viper007Bond @ Apr 20 2004, 02:13 AM)
Note: to those wanting to get that Elph, may I suggest just getting a PowerShot instead (unless you need a tiny camera).

The name of my camera is Canon PowerShot S230 Digital Elph. Not sure what you mean.
Viper007Bond
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Apr 20 2004, 05:50 AM)
QUOTE(Viper007Bond @ Apr 20 2004, 02:13 AM)

The name of my camera is Canon PowerShot S230 Digital Elph. Not sure what you mean.

Er, sorry, I meant the fullsize PowerShots. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.