Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2003 996 GT2
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Leafy
I had the pleasure of shooting this beauty yesterday, I rarely share my shoots to the regular dieselstation public (unless you follow me on facebook) but I figured this was worth a share. Just a beautiful example of the pinnacle of 996 tech. Enjoy!

Annihilator. by L e a f y P H O T O G R A P H Y, on Flickr

Sneak. by L e a f y P H O T O G R A P H Y, on Flickr

Preview. by L e a f y P H O T O G R A P H Y, on Flickr

What Lies Ahead. by L e a f y P H O T O G R A P H Y, on Flickr

Cockpit. by L e a f y P H O T O G R A P H Y, on Flickr

Porsche Unleashed. by L e a f y P H O T O G R A P H Y, on Flickr

Details. by L e a f y P H O T O G R A P H Y, on Flickr
Broda
Hey Leafy,

Nice looking set. My old 996 wasn't a gt3 but i still rather miss it at times.

First off remember to number your shots. Just easier to comment.

I like the second and fourth shots best.

One thing i would point out for me personally is that there feels like a bit of a lack of consistency in the shots. Some of them have the brighter washed out feel, which i like. And a couple others are daker and just don't fit the set as much to my eye.
I think it stands out most in the three side by side detail shots.
I wish the center image was brighter. I have a feeling it has the same levels, but just doesn't get that cool washed out feel like the other two.

Makes me want to take my car out.. raining today...
saro

great set! thumbs_up.gif
Leafy
QUOTE(Broda @ Jul 24 2014, 06:25 PM) *
Hey Leafy,

Nice looking set. My old 996 wasn't a gt3 but i still rather miss it at times.

First off remember to number your shots. Just easier to comment.

I like the second and fourth shots best.

One thing i would point out for me personally is that there feels like a bit of a lack of consistency in the shots. Some of them have the brighter washed out feel, which i like. And a couple others are daker and just don't fit the set as much to my eye.
I think it stands out most in the three side by side detail shots.
I wish the center image was brighter. I have a feeling it has the same levels, but just doesn't get that cool washed out feel like the other two.

Makes me want to take my car out.. raining today...

Thanks for the great feedback. You're correct in the Post processing consistency, which I attempted to emulate through the first to last picture. Since working with larger sets, It's something I have struggled to maintain. Any advice on doing this will help tremendously. smile.gif

QUOTE(saro @ Jul 25 2014, 05:53 PM) *
great set! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for the comment! smile.gif
Broda
QUOTE(Leafy @ Jul 29 2014, 01:19 PM) *
Thanks for the great feedback. You're correct in the Post processing consistency, which I attempted to emulate through the first to last picture. Since working with larger sets, It's something I have struggled to maintain. Any advice on doing this will help tremendously. smile.gif

Thanks for the comment! smile.gif

If you are using the same adjustment layers in PS you can package them in a folder and just drop them on every photo.

But sometimes it isn't that easy.

-Broda
Leafy
Good to know. I will give that a shot!

a couple more.

City Life. by L e a f y P H O T O G R A P H Y, on Flickr

Marshlands. by L e a f y P H O T O G R A P H Y, on Flickr

Attack Mode. by L e a f y P H O T O G R A P H Y, on Flickr
Broda
Looks rad. I like that first one a lot.

The last one looks a bit too photoshopped for my liking.
The second one is great. I just would mask out the blur on the background trees right near the more foreground trees.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.