Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yamaha R1 and Suzuki GSXR 750
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Shigeta
Hey guys!

Another attempt at some night time stuff. I would love some constructive criticism. Tear it apart and cut it down so I can improve!

Sunny's R1 and Kelly's GSXR 750 by Meritus Photography, on Flickr

Broda
Hey Shigeta,

Numbering please.

These look pretty rad though. Think its small things.
#2 it would have been nice if the bike was further in front of the cargo box. get that depth of field you have in the others.

Last image doesn't really have the same feel to me as the others either. Feel its really not as strong as the others.

Other than that nit picky things that you could clean up on the ground or around the bike. very minimal things.

Looks great though.
Shigeta
QUOTE(Broda @ Jan 7 2014, 02:07 PM) *
Hey Shigeta,

Numbering please.

These look pretty rad though. Think its small things.
#2 it would have been nice if the bike was further in front of the cargo box. get that depth of field you have in the others.

Last image doesn't really have the same feel to me as the others either. Feel its really not as strong as the others.

Other than that nit picky things that you could clean up on the ground or around the bike. very minimal things.

Looks great though.

Doh! Still getting used to this.. Numbers have been added.

Hindsight, I'm kicking myself for having the bike SO close to the dumpster. It really flattens out the image when it has the potential to be so much better.

The last image was relatively thrown together, to be honest. Not sure if it's stronger to have a weak piece or to have one less piece. Surprisingly, the clients especially loved the last photo.

Thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated. I would love to get some more input on how I can improve! smile.gif
Brent B
Before I say anything about the set, I've got to say that I really appreciate your attitude about criticism as well as your efforts to improve. My own passion for automotive photography had started to die down in the past six months, but it's people like you that are making me want to get right back into it! So thanks for that, dude. smile.gif

Now for the set:
As Broda noted, it's mostly just nit picky things. I feel that this is a pretty solid set. The lighting and post work is great.
#2, I agree with what you said about having the bike so close to that dumpster. You know what? Looking at the shot again, what if you had shifted the bike and your angle to the buildings in the background?
I feel that #6 would have benefited from having the actual background instead of a shopped one. That really makes it feel out of place.
The flare/haze seems like it needs blend in a little better. I'm not sure, but maybe it's because it ends too abruptly? Especially in #1, #3, and #5.

One thing I noticed about the whole set: I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but now I feel it all seemed kinda crowded and "rushed" in a way. Maybe I'm just weird in regards to the rushed part, but looking through it all, I never felt that I could just sit there and admire one shot. *shrug* Maybe that makes sense, maybe not. haha
Shigeta
QUOTE(Brent B @ Jan 10 2014, 10:12 PM) *
Before I say anything about the set, I've got to say that I really appreciate your attitude about criticism as well as your efforts to improve. My own passion for automotive photography had started to die down in the past six months, but it's people like you that are making me want to get right back into it! So thanks for that, dude. smile.gif

Now for the set:
As Broda noted, it's mostly just nit picky things. I feel that this is a pretty solid set. The lighting and post work is great.
#2, I agree with what you said about having the bike so close to that dumpster. You know what? Looking at the shot again, what if you had shifted the bike and your angle to the buildings in the background?
I feel that #6 would have benefited from having the actual background instead of a shopped one. That really makes it feel out of place.
The flare/haze seems like it needs blend in a little better. I'm not sure, but maybe it's because it ends too abruptly? Especially in #1, #3, and #5.

One thing I noticed about the whole set: I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but now I feel it all seemed kinda crowded and "rushed" in a way. Maybe I'm just weird in regards to the rushed part, but looking through it all, I never felt that I could just sit there and admire one shot. *shrug* Maybe that makes sense, maybe not. haha

Thank you, Brent. I am just doing my best to learn so I can one day inspire!

All of these are true backgrounds. Only certain aspects of each BG was modified to eliminate distractions or direct focus. The BG of #6 is as shot smile.gif

I definitely see what I mean about the haze ending too abruptly. It should definitely taper off easier. Good eye!

I can understand what you're saying about it feeling rushed. I personally feel that there is a lot going on in each scene and no visual "breaks." My crops are either incredibly tight or the background is bordering on distracting..

Thanks for the feedback, Brent!
Broda
Hey you are already inspiring!

These shots overall i think are great. Makes me want to get out and do something cool. I just get bogged down by other work and the ... intimidation factor.. but that's how one learns right?

The only other thing i would say is that the compositions, well i enjoy them. Seem quite centered.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.