Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saab is back
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
SlowHamster
I may be breaking some forum rule or bro code of conduct by posting two threads in twenty-four hours, but HOLY SHITBALLS SAAB IS BACK!

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/05/2014-sa...p;ts=1386286484

It's new parent, National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB, is CEO'ed by Kai Johan Jiang, a Swedish businessman whose primary business venture is a Chinese energy company, State Power Group.

At least initially, the reborn Saabs will only be sold in Sweden and China. Still though, a guy can dream, right? (And while I'm dreaming, through in a modernized 900 Turbo).
UserDrew
I had a feeling they weren't dead. It was announced shortly after the deal with Spyker dissolved that a Chinese company was buying them up their assets. Then there was a rumor of electric car production for the Chinese market. At that point I start to suspect they would bring the main sail cars back. Which is great, because I'm becoming a Yuppie and BMWs are too common.
Proverbial_Slang
Fantstic! This makes me really happy as I have had a special place for SAABs in my heart since I was a kid smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.