Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lexus IS 300h
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Martin
Its time to contribute to this lovely forum again. smile.gif Did this shoot for fun two weeks ago, simply because I was interested the shape of the new IS. And it didn't disappoint! The F-Sport looks even better, but maybe a bit over the top on the front side. Anyhow, here's what I managed to get. C&C are welcome.

Ps. Sorry for the differing width (max 700 px height on my new website).

martin.ger
Bums me out to see that you guys haven't gotten any snow yet! We have shitloads further north!
I am just a novice, but the few things I could point out.

Perhaps tilt it a bit to the right, seems like the car is leaning a little towards the left.

Maybe some lighting on the back of the car?

Nice shot

Again, a bit mor light on the rear.

For me it should be more level.

Clean and nice shot!

Would love to see the shots without the commercial on the side. But that ain't your fault.
Nike SB'd
Overall pretty decent set, but there are a few that could have been improved IMO by simply taking two more seconds to look around and recompose...

For example

3 - would have liked to see it w/out the wheel turn. Looks okay here, but probably better straight.

4 - wheel turned out looks wonky with the caster/camber angle, would have looked a lot nicer with the wheel straight.

5 - lower the steering wheel 5cm to match the curve of the dash and reveal the instrument dials.

Again overall not bad. I don't really think the strobe lighting adds much to the set either, probably would have been just as effective using all natural.
Brent B
#1. Is the emblem supposed to be blue?

#3. So pro. smile.gif

#5. I would have liked to see the foot-space lit or exposed brighter.

Flickr | Facebook | Website
Martin
First of all, thanks for the input all of you!

QUOTE(martin.ger @ Oct 24 2013, 03:28 AM) *
Bums me out to see that you guys haven't gotten any snow yet! We have shitloads further north!
I am just a novice, but the few things I could point out.

Perhaps tilt it a bit to the right, seems like the car is leaning a little towards the left.

Maybe some lighting on the back of the car?

Nice shot

Again, a bit mor light on the rear.

For me it should be more level.

Clean and nice shot!

Would love to see the shots without the commercial on the side. But that ain't your fault.

I visited Norway in September and thats about where we are when it comes to fall right now, so it was kind of a time travel when I came back from that trip. smile.gif Thinking about doing a phototrip to Norway with some cars next year, Riksvej 55 and Trollstigen ofcourse.

1. Its level, but the car isn't perfectly centered making that illusion.
2. I focused on bringing out the line of the car going from rear lights to the "blade" on the bottom. Same on #4. I have a exposure with more strobe on the back, but it doesn't bring out the curves more.
5. Note taken, I'm not home doing interiors. smile.gif

QUOTE(Nike SB'd @ Oct 25 2013, 07:15 AM) *
Overall pretty decent set, but there are a few that could have been improved IMO by simply taking two more seconds to look around and recompose...

For example

3 - would have liked to see it w/out the wheel turn. Looks okay here, but probably better straight.

4 - wheel turned out looks wonky with the caster/camber angle, would have looked a lot nicer with the wheel straight.

5 - lower the steering wheel 5cm to match the curve of the dash and reveal the instrument dials.

Again overall not bad. I don't really think the strobe lighting adds much to the set either, probably would have been just as effective using all natural.

3 and 4 - Its about growing up I guess. smile.gif My normal private client shoots I always turn the wheels. But going for the more commercial look straight wheel is better. I thought about it, but fell back into the trap.
5 - Yes!

About the strobes. Using all natural would be a reflection nightmare, the strobes neutralize that factor a lot. It was very obvious comparing the result of the backdrop shots and the strobed ones.

QUOTE(Brent B @ Oct 25 2013, 07:32 AM) *
#1. Is the emblem supposed to be blue?

#3. So pro. smile.gif

#5. I would have liked to see the foot-space lit or exposed brighter.

1. Yes, its blue. smile.gif
3. Thanks! My favorite aswell.
5. Noted!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.