Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shoot for 2 WRX's from Function:error Crew
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
MidwestModified
Hi everyone! This is my first post. My name is Dustin, and I run Midwest Modified. Maybe some of you have heard of MM before, but I'm guessing most of you haven't. I am an automotive (mostly) photographer from Southwest Wisconsin. Midwest Modified is my place to share all of my work with the world. I was told to join here by a friend of mine that is also a photographer. He thinks you guys might like what I have to share. Im always open to here real constructive criticism. I am really trying to get better and make a name for myself some day I hope. Let me know what you all think! smile.gif

So these photos are from my most recent shoot. Zach Noble's WRX and Mike Skopeks STi wagon. These guys are part of a new crew in the Milwaukee area called Function:error. Function:error is an awesome group of guys! Ive had the pleasure of doing shoots with almost all of them now and I love hanging out with them! Anyway, here are the photos! Enjoy!

If you like my photos and would like to see more of my work, please go to the Midwest Modified tumblr!

Thanks for looking!
SC David
Welcome, always good to see new people posting here.

You've got a good eye for light. But honestly it's a bit hard to offer a critique when you post this many pictures with no numbering. A lot of these are repeat angles, and I think there are a few good ones among them, but your post would be much stronger if you limited yourself to only posting 3-6 images and REALLY narrow down your choices to reflect your taste and style.

The best photographers can establish a strong and consistent mood with only a few photos.

Just my ranty 2c.
MidwestModified
QUOTE(SC David @ Sep 14 2013, 03:10 AM) *
Welcome, always good to see new people posting here.

You've got a good eye for light. But honestly it's a bit hard to offer a critique when you post this many pictures with no numbering. A lot of these are repeat angles, and I think there are a few good ones among them, but your post would be much stronger if you limited yourself to only posting 3-6 images and REALLY narrow down your choices to reflect your taste and style.

The best photographers can establish a strong and consistent mood with only a few photos.

Just my ranty 2c.

I understand what you mean. A lot of them ARE repeat angles, but that is because I was shooting two cars instead of one. Usually this doesnt happen, so I will remember to narrow it down next time smile.gif
Broda
Thing i would say is that in the second image the silver car doesn't look as silver as the other images. at first i was wondering if this was just a bunch of different car shots, but then realized it just didn't have the same tone.
Just a thought.
Agree with SC though, less, stronger images.
MidwestModified
QUOTE(Broda @ Sep 16 2013, 05:31 PM) *
Thing i would say is that in the second image the silver car doesn't look as silver as the other images. at first i was wondering if this was just a bunch of different car shots, but then realized it just didn't have the same tone.
Just a thought.
Agree with SC though, less, stronger images.

The silver looks off in the second photo because of the sun. There is flare over top of the car in that photo since I was basically shooting right into it
Broda
My point is i feel the shot is much warmer than the rest of the images. Not that its bad. I just don't feel the continuity as well in that one.
Martin
I see a lot of filled frames. Don't be afraid to think big. Take a few steps back and you'll be able to play more with the compositions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.