Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lexus IS300
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Broda
first shot is pretty rad. The others for me don't have the same focus on the car, just a fair bit of stuff going on in the other shots it feels like.. / to look at.
Love the BRZ on your site though!
-Broda
Jordan Mo
QUOTE(Broda @ Jul 31 2013, 12:38 PM) *
first shot is pretty rad. The others for me don't have the same focus on the car, just a fair bit of stuff going on in the other shots it feels like.. / to look at.
Love the BRZ on your site though!
-Broda

Thanks. What do you think would have been better to improve these photos?
Brent B
I can't really put my finger on it, but this set just doesn't seem as refined as some of the images I've seen from you in the past. My biggest critiques would be the flash is a little too obvious (especially on the ground in all of the photos), the lack of grass in the location is... ridiculously distracting... and it feels like you could have taken this set so much further. Problem is, I'm not sure what I would have changed if I were given the same car and location. Was this a quick shoot?

Back to my point about the flash:

In this image, the flash makes more sense because of its surroundings. Whereas, in the Lexus set, the flash is like, "Sup, peeps. I'm here for the party. Jk. I am the party." Lol.

*Edit* I guess I'm talking all about the strong flash because in my latest set (I'll post here soon), that was the main thing I didn't like about it.
Broda
I think to add to Brent B, the location was just kinda blah, i think it could have worked but the compositions aren't too strong to start with.
I think with the 4th shot at least i would have the car closer to the camera, and crop in on the tree so it isn't fully there, maybe use a higher aperture to get a bit of softness to it, so it isn't as big a focus.
Just do a bit more to separate the car from the background, that is why the first shot works so much better for me. Although i would still maybe brighten up the top of the car so you don't lose the silhouette in the trees.
Lastly, i think maybe a shot showing off the wheels would be welcome, considering its the biggest feature on this car. Maybe something tight, showing how the camber.
Costas
This is just me nitpicking but.. everything is a blur in the first shot, but the tree shadows on the hood are crystal clear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.