Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maserati Gran Turismo S
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Martin
Okay, lets make this a long story!
I've been doing some big re-thinking this winter about my photography in the future. My conclusion was that photography isn't something I will try hard to do proffesionally anymore since I have a decent business going on in my workshop. So from now on I rather do the photo jobs that seems like fun and if it will lead to bigger work its just a bonus.

This shoot was for a private client who contacted me about a year a go and we've been trying to do the shoot since then, but all the dates we booked it was raining. One year later we finally made it. The location was chosen by me and the intention was to do this shoot during apple blossom, but it was one week to late (it rained the week before). But its still a decent location and a nice park, so we made it work. Overall it went good and we ended the shoot with a cruise in the Maser, just got to love that sound!

I know the set is a bit uneven, but let me know what you think anyway.

5 This was more of a request from the landowner to use this view. I knew it wasn't going to do well reflections wise, so I Knoll'ed it to pieces instead..

And lets end with a teaser. Something a bit more serious shot one week later in Stockholm. All my light gear was stolen on this location, but fortuneatley it was the day after this shoot.
martin.ger
Wow, people complain about no one sharing anything more, and when someome shares a set, no one replies:)

Your three times the photog i am, but here are my thoughts

1. Seems the backgrounds distracts from the subject
2. Im a sucker for profile views of a car. I would probably clone out the red chickenhouse/doghouse.
3. I don't like the cyan tone, perhaps a warmer tone could be better?
4. My fav, but then again I'm a sucker for profile views:)
5. It don't do it for me
6. I like:)
and 7-11 are all awesome:)

Martin
QUOTE(martin.ger @ Jun 25 2013, 12:20 PM) *
Wow, people complain about no one sharing anything more, and when someome shares a set, no one replies:)

Your three times the photog i am, but here are my thoughts

1. Seems the backgrounds distracts from the subject
2. Im a sucker for profile views of a car. I would probably clone out the red chickenhouse/doghouse.
3. I don't like the cyan tone, perhaps a warmer tone could be better?
4. My fav, but then again I'm a sucker for profile views:)
5. It don't do it for me
6. I like:)
and 7-11 are all awesome:)

Haha yes! Talk about catch 22..

Thanks a lot for your thoughts! About cloning the chicken/doghouse, its not something I'd spend time in in this case, its a time vs money issue. I'd just do it if it where a possible portfolio piece, and it isn't for me. smile.gif
5. No, not for me either.. But somewhere out there maybe there's a big Knoll fan going crazy.. wink.gif

Which location do you prefer? Mansion or ocean?
Brent B
QUOTE(martin.ger @ Jun 25 2013, 05:20 AM) *

^^True that!

Martin, you are a much better photographer than I am, but I just thought I'd add my .02:
#3: What's with the green hues?
#4: I realize it's a black car, therefore difficult to light, but that white wall and blue door hold almost too much visual weight in the image. Also, I'm not sure how to explain this clearly, but the bright reflection on the rear paneling (next to the light) somehow pulls my eye straight into the wall. Is it possible for you to darken the wall and that reflection, then add a little brightness onto the vegetation behind the car to make it stand out more? Just a thought.
#5 & 6: Is it possible for grass to be that green?! Raspberry.gif
#8 & 9: My favs of this set. smile.gif

That teaser shot is fantastic! So much anticipation and satisfaction in one photo. Gotta love it.
martin.ger
QUOTE(Martin @ Jun 25 2013, 07:43 AM) *
Haha yes! Talk about catch 22..

Thanks a lot for your thoughts! About cloning the chicken/doghouse, its not something I'd spend time in in this case, its a time vs money issue. I'd just do it if it where a possible portfolio piece, and it isn't for me. smile.gif
5. No, not for me either.. But somewhere out there maybe there's a big Knoll fan going crazy.. wink.gif

Which location do you prefer? Mansion or ocean?

I think I prefer the ocean for clean car shots. But I like the mansion too wink.gif
Martin
QUOTE(Brent B @ Jun 25 2013, 09:14 PM) *
^^True that!

Martin, you are a much better photographer than I am, but I just thought I'd add my .02:
#3: What's with the green hues?
#4: I realize it's a black car, therefore difficult to light, but that white wall and blue door hold almost too much visual weight in the image. Also, I'm not sure how to explain this clearly, but the bright reflection on the rear paneling (next to the light) somehow pulls my eye straight into the wall. Is it possible for you to darken the wall and that reflection, then add a little brightness onto the vegetation behind the car to make it stand out more? Just a thought.
#5 & 6: Is it possible for grass to be that green?! Raspberry.gif
#8 & 9: My favs of this set. smile.gif

That teaser shot is fantastic! So much anticipation and satisfaction in one photo. Gotta love it.

3 - As we've speaked of in your color correction thread. My goal here wasn't to align them 100%.
4 - Noted! Maybe this would do better with a brighter car or go for a high-key approach instead. But its done and delivered already so I'm taking it with me to next time instead. smile.gif
5-6 - Yes, in LaLa-land everything is possible!
Konrad Janicki
I remember your set with a blue jag and city locations with the background edited purple - on that set the crazy not natural colors were great but here the green isn't working for me, maybe if the green on all of them would be the same it would be better and easier to get used to them
still some nice shots here wink.gif
Brent B
QUOTE(Martin @ Jun 28 2013, 04:51 AM) *
3 - As we've speaked of in your color correction thread. My goal here wasn't to align them 100%.
4 - Noted! Maybe this would do better with a brighter car or go for a high-key approach instead. But its done and delivered already so I'm taking it with me to next time instead. smile.gif
5-6 - Yes, in LaLa-land everything is possible!

#3 -- Well, true. But I wasn't referring to consistency here as much as I was wondering why the sky along with the white walls were all green. It just seemed like if you dropped the greens a tad, it would look much more natural.
#4 -- Yeah! You should try a high-key edit and post the results. I think it'd be a fun edit for sure. Do it, do it, do it! haha
#5-6 -- LaLa land? Yeah buddy! dance.gif
Martin
QUOTE(Brent B @ Jul 2 2013, 10:24 PM) *
#3 -- Well, true. But I wasn't referring to consistency here as much as I was wondering why the sky along with the white walls were all green. It just seemed like if you dropped the greens a tad, it would look much more natural.
#4 -- Yeah! You should try a high-key edit and post the results. I think it'd be a fun edit for sure. Do it, do it, do it! haha
#5-6 -- LaLa land? Yeah buddy! dance.gif

#3 - Point taken.
#4 - No, I don't like the picture that much from the beginning. smile.gif When I'm editing next time it'll be the Volvo vs BMW touring cars, I got a ton of those waiting for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.