Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: update3:
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
andywee

been posting up most of my editorial stuff. the commercial stuff are still on my web.
Masya
Perfect!
Brent B
Hello, beautiful!

This is a great set, however, #1 just doesn't do it for me. The foreground is too coarse and the background looks like you added too much gaussian blur for dof emulation. Also, the reflections in the Vanquish aren't blurred like the rest of the shot and the older Aston looks like it was dropped in in post. I feel as if the older Aston drags that particular shot down simply by its placement and shadows. But hey. Who am I to criticize?

Edit: I just saw the billboards and signs in shot #3. Nice touch/addition to the photo!
HKYStormFront
epic cars, epic locations, epic shots!
DonJuanMair
You obviously dont need a lot of critique ha!
but the JJ Abrams lens flare is horrible on these. Its such a shame to see beautiful shots then that damn lens flare distract the eye.
andywee
hmmm. thx for comments. yeah. image 1 is tricky. all the cars are shot separately and the cars are all dropped in, aka composite. so the reflections, etc are all added in post.
PGD
I think they are incredible tbh! Jaw dropping shots fit for any publication!

Great work, keen sharing with us smile.gif
MichaelKalbo
These are gorgeous. 2&3 are my favorite. just perfect.
MaTBoY
Fuck me!! That first shot is FUCKING epic!!! I hate saying epic but help... great job!
Broda
Wow... these are stunning.

Love number 2.

3 for me just feels off, size of the cars in comparison to the people walking through, the plane that they live on. no reflection on the glass next to the DB5. Lens flares..
Still looks great though, majority of people would never notice but i feel you kinda can knit pick with quality so high.

Great great feel.. consistent.

cfd productions
Some of the best images I have seen! One question ... How were the backplates shot? The lighting and sharpness makes them almost seem unreal
andywee
well, the backplates were shot first. then after shooting each backplate. type of lens, height of tripod, tilt of camera was recorded down. then we replicated the perspective in the studio to minimize any perspective issues in post.
Brent B
QUOTE(andywee @ Jun 19 2013, 10:16 PM) *
well, the backplates were shot first. then after shooting each backplate. type of lens, height of tripod, tilt of camera was recorded down. then we replicated the perspective in the studio to minimize any perspective issues in post.

Thanks for sharing the insight, Andy!

Oh, and btw, do you have a Flickr account?
andywee
yeah, I do. but I hardly update it.
Konrad Janicki
geat set
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.