Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chevy SS
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
Bjorn

From the GM media kit.

“The all-new SS is engineered for performance enthusiasts who’ve been clamoring for a rear-wheel-drive sedan,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing.

"The LS3 6.2L small-block V-8 powers the SS, is SAE certified at 415 horsepower (310 kW) and 415 lb-ft of torque (563 Nm), which helps it sprint from 0 to 60 mph in about five seconds. It is matched with a six-speed automatic transmission that can be shifted manually using TAPshift paddles mounted on the steering wheel."

clarkma5
It's been widely known for awhile. The long wheelbase version is basically the Caprice police car.
Bjorn
My car magazine reading lately has been Evo and Excellence. No wonder I completely missed this one.
dukenukem
Great performance for the price but damn the thing looks so boring up front.
clarkma5
It's a sleeper, in the modern tradition started by the 90s Impala SS and continued through the GTO and G8. Big V8 power, understated sedan looks.
Mr b00st
It's a face-lifted G8, but without the manual option. Still just an imported V8 Commodore. Sweet though.
fiber optic
Costs about twice as much as it should.
shandyman5
No manual, no likie....
SlowHamster
With a lower price and a manual transmission, I'd totally dig it. As is, it's not my cup of tea...particularly not considering that a Dodge Challenger RT offers smaller-yet-still-adult-friendly back seat AND a 6MT starting at about $30k...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.