Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man I really want a fun to drive 52mpg car...
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
Synesthesia

Link
Razor

Ever since VAG (Audi specifically) put out this concept, I've wanted an AWD diesel sports car. Shame this country has its head so far up its own ass in terms of diesels.
Synesthesia
I'm sure it's not terribly interesting to drive, but I'm really impressed the MPG this achieves without a diesel or a big battery pack:

Link
UserDrew
Does it have to be VW? I'd think it'd be the bees knees to see the ford 1.0liter in a roadster type car like the Smart Roadster.
speedyK
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Jun 10 2013, 10:28 PM) *
Does it have to be VW? I'd think it'd be the bees knees to see the ford 1.0liter in a roadster type car like the Smart Roadster.

The 698 cc 3-cylinder turbo engine with 101 bhp is more than enough for fun in the Brabus version. I'm still loving mine - and it does over 50 mpg too thumbs_up.gif

Synesthesia
^You're kidding! We only get the Smart fortwo here and it doesn't even achieve 40mpg.
Aircooled
I'll be very interested to see what the new 320d gets when it makes it over here, maybe a future DD for me. I'd bet its 35+ mpg which would be enough for me
Synesthesia
^I'll take a 320d awd wagon manual please!! Oh wait...
hybr1d
new audi 3.0 TD engines get the same emission results as bmw 2.0 TD: 129 g/km
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.