Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Tumbler
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Blue Devil
This is car #2 for Team Galag which I also got to photograph while they were building it down here in Florida.

Yes, the Tumbler...

let me know what you think of this set...
hbr
These pictures are also impossible like that car! The climate of you photos is appropriate to the nature of the car. Imo very very good job!
Jordan Mo
very well done.
Brent B
Dude, seriously nice work! I especially like the pov and light on #4.

However, that smoke and dirt need a little work imo... probably remove the dirt all together in the first shot. I'm obviously not as good or experienced as you are, but just thought I'd add my 2 cents. smile.gif Hope that's alright.
555nm
I dunno...
Impressive car, but for the obviously fake smoke, dirt and cracks, the unsuitable sunny sky and the light, the halos around the car... huh.gif

I suppose the tumbler is not exactly an easy subject to shoot and I do not know the circumstances under which you shot it, yet I have seen much better work from you.
Sorry for the harsh words, but I don't feel it is up to your usual standards.
fastautos
Great shots and great atmosphere.
Masya
Amazing stuff! Batman will love it too smile.gif
SC David
Sorry, but I gotta agree with 555nm. I feel like this set is overstylized, and there's too much going on with the dirt and smoke. It doesn't really seem to come from anywhere, and just seems sort of plastered onto the camera's field of view, but doesn't fit within the image or setting.

That said, I think you did a great job lighting such an immensely complex piece of machinery. The background for this set is great, especially with the assumption that you shot under the same circumstances as the TG1 set (in an unfamiliar place).

I think #5 would be your winner, but I'd LOVE to see you select the car via pen tool, and separate it from the background. Right now it just sort of looks like there is a halo around the car.
Blue Devil
QUOTE(hbr @ May 20 2013, 02:44 PM) *
These pictures are also impossible like that car! The climate of you photos is appropriate to the nature of the car. Imo very very good job!

Thanks... I was looking at some of the Batman Posters and I decided to go that route... and this was my inspiration...

QUOTE(Jordan Mo @ May 20 2013, 03:57 PM) *
very well done.

Thank you!

QUOTE(Brent B @ May 20 2013, 04:46 PM) *
Dude, seriously nice work! I especially like the pov and light on #4.

However, that smoke and dirt need a little work imo... probably remove the dirt all together in the first shot. I'm obviously not as good or experienced as you are, but just thought I'd add my 2 cents. smile.gif Hope that's alright.

The smoke/dirt is a love hate kind of thing... I wanted to go a bit out there with this set... it is the damn Tumbler after all...

QUOTE(555nm @ May 20 2013, 05:16 PM) *
I dunno...
Impressive car, but for the obviously fake smoke, dirt and cracks, the unsuitable sunny sky and the light, the halos around the car... huh.gif

I suppose the tumbler is not exactly an easy subject to shoot and I do not know the circumstances under which you shot it, yet I have seen much better work from you.
Sorry for the harsh words, but I don't feel it is up to your usual standards.

I will have to keep a better eye out for those things... yeah.. the photos were taken in plain daylight... the car needed to be shipped right after I was done and the schedule was quite difficult. It wasn't exactly the time I wanted to shot it.

QUOTE(fastautos @ May 20 2013, 06:14 PM) *
Great shots and great atmosphere.

Thank you!

QUOTE(Masya @ May 20 2013, 10:45 PM) *
Amazing stuff! Batman will love it too smile.gif

That and the client! smile.gif

QUOTE(SC David @ May 21 2013, 03:39 PM) *
Sorry, but I gotta agree with 555nm. I feel like this set is overstylized, and there's too much going on with the dirt and smoke. It doesn't really seem to come from anywhere, and just seems sort of plastered onto the camera's field of view, but doesn't fit within the image or setting.

That said, I think you did a great job lighting such an immensely complex piece of machinery. The background for this set is great, especially with the assumption that you shot under the same circumstances as the TG1 set (in an unfamiliar place).

I think #5 would be your winner, but I'd LOVE to see you select the car via pen tool, and separate it from the background. Right now it just sort of looks like there is a halo around the car.

I do see your points... As far as lighting the car, it was a total challenge to shoot. I wanted to make sure that I grabbed all the details that I could... And yes... this was shot under the same circumstances as the TG1 but even worse because the schedule was even more tight...

Blue Devil
If anyone cares to read a bit about what when down during the shoot of this beast.... check out the blog post:

http://camerephotography.com/the-team-galag-tumbler/

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.