Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New shoes for the slowbaru
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
dukenukem
My old Hankook RS3 summer setup were pretty much beat up and I had was looking for new tires when I happened to come across a set of 17x8.5 Enkei RPF1 with brand new Star spec summer tires.

After selling my old set of BBS wheels + flipping a different set of RPF1, these set of wheels and tires cost me $250 out of pocket. Raspberry.gif

Anyways, here are few of the shit pics from the whole deal..

I was originally wanting to run the 17x9 gold RPF1 but the spoke design doesn't clear the front Brembos and making it fit it too much work so flipped them for a decent profit.

Rear fenders on the STI getting rolled just in case.

Test fit

225/45/17 all seasons vs 245/40/17 Star specs

How the car sits

The first autocross of the season is this weekend. Initial impressions are that there is far more grip than I want to believe. I also, need to get mud flaps because the damn tires will kick up every fucking rock on the road into the body panels.
fiber optic
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 5 2013, 10:25 AM) *
I also, need to get mud flaps because the damn tires will kick up every fucking rock on the road into the body panels.

Get the ones with the chrome ladies on them.

dukenukem
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Apr 5 2013, 12:36 PM) *
Get the ones with the chrome ladies on them.

I might just do it. The polyurathane ones that are made to size are like $130. Screw that noise.
Synesthesia
^Yeah... I want to just lasercut my own. biggrin.gif
clarkma5
That's a really good deal! Now I know two people with RPF1s on their STis tongue.gif
b0mb3r
jesus... that's a lot of meat.
dukenukem
QUOTE(b0mb3r @ Apr 9 2013, 10:20 PM) *
jesus... that's a lot of meat.

there is so much grip I have to rethink when I actually need to brake now. For most corners, I can plant the accelerator to the floor after the apex and the car will just grip and go. It's awesome!!

All of the above is true provided your coilover's strut don't start leaking after the first racing event of the season. :/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.