Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Ride says Cheese!
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
infinity
My new 2011 Liquid Silver Mazdaspeed 3 after a quick wash. Had it for just over a month now and love it! thumbs_up.gif

(sorry for the not-so-great phone quality)

Bjorn
I can't see any of your pictures.
Synesthesia
^strange, I can.

Looks awesome!! Did you consider any other cars? Congrats.
infinity
Thanks! Hopefully others can see the pics, too..?

I also drove a 2011 Civic Si, and wanted to test drive a GTI as well, but my local dealer did not have any pre-owned on the lot at the time. The Civic Si was nice, but didn't put a big grin on my face like the MS3. The extra ~60 hp (and turbo) really makes a huge difference!

Thinking about some simple/relatively inexpensive performance upgrades - what should I consider first/most? Intake? I've looked at a few that claim 30+ HP for ~$250, but not sure how accurate that is or if there are other upgrades I should consider before an intake.

Synesthesia
Yeah, I have found the Civic Si to be EXTREMELY boring... GTI is a nice choice too, not sure how I would pick between the two... What car did you come from? tongue.gif
infinity
Was driving a 2005 Volvo S40 T5
shandyman5
Intake and tune will really wake those things up!
nismo
That, with exhaust and test pipe would reallllly wake it up. wink.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(infinity @ Nov 12 2012, 05:28 PM) *
Thanks! Hopefully others can see the pics, too..?

I also drove a 2011 Civic Si, and wanted to test drive a GTI as well, but my local dealer did not have any pre-owned on the lot at the time. The Civic Si was nice, but didn't put a big grin on my face like the MS3. The extra ~60 hp (and turbo) really makes a huge difference!

Thinking about some simple/relatively inexpensive performance upgrades - what should I consider first/most? Intake? I've looked at a few that claim 30+ HP for ~$250, but not sure how accurate that is or if there are other upgrades I should consider before an intake.

Accessport/ downpipe if you want power.

Swaybars for handling

Better tires if you actually want to put the power to the ground.
skr
Chip/dyno tune. ESPECIALLY if you're considering breather mods.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.