Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bye iOS. Hello Android.
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Bjorn
Like the description says.

I have had an iPhone 3G, 3GS and a 4S...and I'm bored. The 5 offered little beyond a new row of apps.

So I bit the bullet and bought a Galaxy S3.

Now I need to know...what can/should I do to it?

I'm already annoyed by the number of message apps. And the Samsung skin is kinda stupid.

I would love to put a pure version of Android on here...how hard is that? What would I gain/lose?

dukenukem
Isn't the Galaxy S3 a rebranded Apple any ways?
Bjorn
I don't think so.

It's not a nexus device...but it's not an iPhone for sure.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Oct 10 2012, 02:31 PM) *
I don't think so.

It's not a nexus device...but it's not an iPhone for sure.

You missed the joke.
Bjorn
Yep...right over my head.
Seethegrim
My condolences?
Bjorn
I've had an iPhone 3G, 3Gs and 4S. I didn't really want a 5...but my 3GS was really starting to show its age (I went 3G to a 4S...but it was stolen...so my dad gave me his 3GS).

I also didn't like the new maps app...and the removal of the youtube app. I saw those as serious "fuck yous" to iPhone customers. So I decided to vote with my dollars.

Android at this point is a very similar experience to iOS...and I really like the phone.

My only real gripes are that the predictive keyboard is shit...and putting music on the phone is a massive pain in the ass compared to an iPhone.

Other than that I'm really happy.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Oct 14 2012, 08:05 AM) *
My only real gripes are that the predictive keyboard is shit...and putting music on the phone is a massive pain in the ass compared to an iPhone.

Does it not show up like a removable drive? When I connect mine to the computer it opens like a USB memory stick or external hard disk. Then I drag and drop files as desired. Much better than fiddle dicking with itunes which was a CF from the begging for me.
Razor
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Oct 14 2012, 09:16 AM) *
fiddle dicking with itunes

Wanna know all the strenuous steps I go through "fiddle dicking" with iTunes to get my music on my phone?

1. Add new music to iTunes and configure the ID3 tags like the raging OCD bitch I am.

And then I can get every single last one of my songs on my iPhone without doing anything else.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS, YA?

Raspberry.gif
fiber optic
QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 14 2012, 06:38 PM) *
Wanna know all the strenuous steps I go through "fiddle dicking" with iTunes to get my music on my phone?

1. Add new music to iTunes and configure the ID3 tags like the raging OCD bitch I am.

And then I can get every single last one of my songs on my iPhone without doing anything else.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS, YA?

Raspberry.gif

It's just an unnecessary step for my ipod. The real fun is when it doesn't detect that I've connected the ipod. Yes, monster pain.
Bjorn
I'm used to the seamless integration of apple stuff.

And the galaxy s3 doesn't show up on my Macs. I have to use Samsung Kies to get stuff on there. The software is pre-iPod MP3 player bad.

fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Oct 14 2012, 08:18 PM) *
I'm used to the seamless integration of apple stuff.

And the galaxy s3 doesn't show up on my Macs. I have to use Samsung Kies to get stuff on there. The software is pre-iPod MP3 player bad.

Ha, that's rich. ipod is to PC as android is to Mac. Such a disaster.
dukenukem
I am here to state the fact that I would like to drop kick the entire iTunes development team in the nuts, multiple times.

Fuck itunes.
arnge
i was an i phone 4s user

and i am now an S3 owner.

and i coulden't be happier.

but i use a PC not a mac , so apple software was a pain for me.
Blue Devil
Oh...

the whole music thing on Android is super easy as well...

You download Google Music to your computer.... you set up a folder within your computer to be your designated folder...

Done, Enjoy all your music on all your google devices and computers....

oh yeah... F Itunes...
Bjorn
Google music...now available everywhere that is the United states.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.