Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The car it was always meant to be
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
Bjorn

I remember seeing some early renders of the Panamera that seemed to suggest it was going to be a shooting brake...but then we got the weirdo sedan.

This is a huge improvement.

Just a concept ATM...so who knows if it'll get made...but Porsche concepts these days have a habit of making it to production.
Synesthesia
Oh boy, wow, that does look a lot better. Maybe they decided to go with more of a sedan since Americans don't like things that look like wagons?
Razor
shandyman5
Don't like the taillights....

I LOVE the current Panamera... it just needs a third pedal.
clarkma5
I do like the current design, think it looks really good from some angles but yeah it is a little ungainly from others (particularly in pictures). This is altogether a more cohesive look for it, though. Hope this heralds the second gen Panamera.
Bjorn
I agree with Clark. In person, from some angles, it looks pretty good. BUT design wise, over all, it's a huge disappointment.

The back of the car especially.

Even the original Cayenne looked OK (for an SUV).
Diesel
completely utterly agree
Konrad Janicki
better then a normal panamera but still not the best looking car
moe
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Sep 27 2012, 06:34 PM) *
I LOVE the current Panamera... it just needs a third pedal.

It has a third pedal...or am I missing something here?

Also, this is soooo gorgeous. Wagons are definitely making a comeback.

Btw, inside sources are hinting that if the CLS Shooting Brake does well (and initial demand seems to be strong), Porsche would love to green light this project.
clarkma5
All US Panameras are PDKs as far as I can tell. 6-speeds may be a special order option for the V6?
moe
^ Must be a US thing. I believe in other markets both the V6 and the S are available with manuals.

EDIT: Just checked it out on Wikipedia. Select markets get manuals as standard on the RWD, petrol models. I doubt the UAE is one of these markets either. I'd guess it's only the European countries that get them.
Bjorn
No manual in Canada, not even on the GTS. That makes me sad (although I doubt anyone buying a Panamera would select a manual).
clarkma5
The PDK is so good and the Panamera is such a GT that I see no problem with not having a manual. Hell, at this point the general consensus of most automotive journalists is that in the new 911 and Boxster, the PDK is the transmission to have anyway.
moe
^ This makes me sad sad.gif
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 3 2012, 11:51 PM) *
The PDK is so good and the Panamera is such a GT that I see no problem with not having a manual. Hell, at this point the general consensus of most automotive journalists is that in the new 911 and Boxster, the PDK is the transmission to have anyway.

QUOTE(moe @ Oct 4 2012, 02:32 AM) *

So does this prove me to be ahead of the trend or just a lunatic?
moe
I'd argue we were lunatics. We're the elitist douchebags that are so set in our ways, that anyone that opposes are view is wrong. You happened to be on the wrong side of the fence.

All I've ever wanted is for manufacturers to continue offering a manual option alongside. At this rate, I'll be driving a Morgan in 2025.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Oct 3 2012, 03:23 PM) *
It has a third pedal...or am I missing something here?

Also, this is soooo gorgeous. Wagons are definitely making a comeback.

Btw, inside sources are hinting that if the CLS Shooting Brake does well (and initial demand seems to be strong), Porsche would love to green light this project.

What everyone said no manual option in the US. All the ones I have seen in Austria are PDK as well.

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 3 2012, 03:34 PM) *
All US Panameras are PDKs as far as I can tell. 6-speeds may be a special order option for the V6?

This.

QUOTE(moe @ Oct 3 2012, 03:40 PM) *
^ Must be a US thing. I believe in other markets both the V6 and the S are available with manuals.

EDIT: Just checked it out on Wikipedia. Select markets get manuals as standard on the RWD, petrol models. I doubt the UAE is one of these markets either. I'd guess it's only the European countries that get them.

It is.

QUOTE(moe @ Oct 4 2012, 02:32 AM) *

Me to. sad.gif

QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 4 2012, 04:44 AM) *
So does this prove me to be ahead of the trend or just a lunatic?

Suck it! Raspberry.gif

QUOTE(moe @ Oct 4 2012, 04:50 AM) *
I'd argue we were lunatics. We're the elitist douchebags that are so set in our ways, that anyone that opposes are view is wrong. You happened to be on the wrong side of the fence.

All I've ever wanted is for manufacturers to continue offering a manual option alongside. At this rate, I'll be driving a Morgan in 2025.

Manuals for lyfe!
dukenukem
Not sure I like the rear light arrangement but I like the overall shape much more than the regular Panamera.
Peterson62
that does look a lot better. Maybe they determined to go with more of a vehicle since Individuals don't like aspects that look like wagons . . . . . . . .

Testimonials
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.