Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just picked up a Miata again
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Diesel
just bought a 99 Miata with 109k miles. super clean body. 1.8L engine. i'm back in a miata!!

fiber optic
The body looks factory fresh.
Bjorn
So jealous. I think this is my favourite Miata...from a driving perspective. I love the simplicity of the first one. And the looks of the third. But this was my favourite to drive.

Is that a pop-up antena?

Is the glass rear window an aftermarket addition? The hood looks a little floppy around it, and I thought they only added the glass in like 2000 or 2001...
fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Aug 10 2012, 07:39 AM) *
Is the glass rear window an aftermarket addition? The hood looks a little floppy around it, and I thought they only added the glass in like 2000 or 2001...

If you're looking at the 2nd picture I think the roof is partially retracted. Further down I think it's fully closed and it looks tight.
clarkma5
Very clean, ya jerk *shakes fist*
dukenukem
Awesome pick up! Plans to track it?
Razor
That is scary clean for 109k/1999. Good work finding it, and congrats!
clarkma5
QUOTE(Razor @ Aug 10 2012, 11:46 AM) *
That is scary clean for 109k/1999. Good work finding it, and congrats!

It's very nice, though in the world of used Miatas there are a lot of stuff like this. It's one of the many reasons I'm continually pulled toward them, much more piece of mind than any other affordable used sports car, especially for their price.

Mind if I ask what you paid, Diesel? Just a ballpark, including items that require semi-immediate attention if there are any smile.gif
moe
Congrats man. Personally, I would've preferred an NA, but awesome nonetheless.
Diesel
thanks guys. i plan to lightly mod it to the way i want and just enjoy driving it. paid $4000 for it. so far the only thing i need to fix is the AC isn't cold. bone stock and needs a wash but some more pics:

I REALLY wanted to get this NA from Arizona, but the guy decided he didn't want to sell it after posting it. god i was so mad. was ready to give him a deposit and drive out there to pick it up too!! he was only asking $5K too!

fiber optic
He did you a favor by not wanting to sell that.
Razor
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Aug 15 2012, 10:38 AM) *
He did you a favor by not wanting to sell that.

Agreed, the suspension appears to be broken.
shandyman5
Nice find.... Needs tires to though! thumbs_up.gif
aclever
I would buy that for the Nardi steering wheel, Apachi II wheels and the Racing Mate sticker alone. Yours was a good find, what are your plans for it?
Diesel
just put some wheels on. still need to get some coilovers. but i went with a 205/50/15 tire for a meatier look.

Aircooled
Has some slight meat to it, some low will look good. Probably could have squeezed 215s
clarkma5
205/50R15 is a good size for Miatas, though I think I'd prefer a 16 on an NB (15 on an NA). Generally those wheels are more for an NA than anything.
Cyclone
Those wheels are awful sad.gif
Diesel
just dropped the car on some Megan EZ Street coilovers.. and went for a drive on PCH

fiber optic
How far away are the camouflage door panels?
Diesel
haha.. nah.. interior is going to stay stock. only thing left on the list is a hard dog m2 roll bar
shandyman5
QUOTE(Diesel @ Aug 24 2012, 10:46 PM) *
haha.. nah.. interior is going to stay stock. only thing left on the list is a hard dog m2 roll bar

Looks good Diesel... I would love to pick up a cheap NB 'vert as a DD. Quick question, I am 6'2", do you think it would be troublesome for me to fit in one? I'm curious what your thoughts are.
Diesel
6'2" is barely going to fit. I'm 6' and i think i have about an inch of headroom left. But of course you can change out the seats and get lower seat rails and you're good to go
moe
That looks gorgeous.
Mr b00st
QUOTE(Diesel @ Aug 25 2012, 11:03 AM) *
6'2" is barely going to fit. I'm 6' and i think i have about an inch of headroom left. But of course you can change out the seats and get lower seat rails and you're good to go

I'm 6'2" and once I'm IN an NB Miata, I fit fine.

it's getting in that's an issue.

I like the car man!
clarkma5
Think it depends on how close you like to sit to the wheel. Over the years I've gotten closer to the steering wheel and gotten into the habit of sitting more upright, so at 6'1" (more torso than legs IMO, 32 inch inseam) I felt like an NB Miata was merely tolerable with the seat as far back as it would go many years ago, but these days I find them fine. Headroom is more of a problem, if I got a Miata with a rollbar for trackdays I'd have to lower the seat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.