Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pucker Factor 10+
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
DaGonz
Jim Greenwood was driving his Corvette in NASA's Hyperfest 12 when he hit a deer...

http://firegeezer.com/2012/06/23/saturday-...er-vs-corvette/

Pucker factor 10+!
OHirtenfelder
Holy shit man. It came out of nowhere.

I don't know who Jim Greenwood is, but his driving skills leave me asking questions. Pulling your hands off the wheel in a collision....not exactly a good thing.

At least the dude is alright!
Pendulum
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Jun 24 2012, 11:53 PM) *

I don't know who Jim Greenwood is, but his driving skills leave me asking questions. Pulling your hands off the wheel in a collision....not exactly a good thing.

Looked to me like he was covering his eyes, which is a very smart thing to do. He kept the car under control.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Jun 25 2012, 02:53 AM) *

Haha I thought the same at first but it looks like he kept one hand on and managed to stay in a straight line!

The real question is what the hell kind of self respecting motorsports complex is not surrounded by at least a 7 foot tall fence?!?
911xx
Woah! Not only did he react good by covering his eyes, the deer flew right through the car! I hope there were no kids in the back.
OHirtenfelder
QUOTE(Pendulum @ Jun 25 2012, 08:08 PM) *
Looked to me like he was covering his eyes, which is a very smart thing to do. He kept the car under control.

Covering your eyes is done by the helmet and the visor. Taking your hands off the wheel, even to cover your eyes, is a pretty bad move. That being said, it does look like he kept his left hand on the wheel the entire time. I should have seen that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.