Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll: Bring back PP contest & photo contest or not?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
iLLuZioNz
Many of you may be past this point of even wanting to do so but I was wondering; Do and of you care to get any post processing monthly contest going and maybe a automotive photo of the month contest? I am becoming increasingly interested in stitching images (either from pre-shot backplates, or part CGI) and think it would be cool to see the types of things everyone comes up with from the same car image. Maybe this isnt a very 'controlled' contest but rather a test of knowledge to the manipulations possible within photoshop/illustrator/3D rendering and who made the best most realistic one for that months assignment. On the other hand for the non-CG or compositing inspired folks, a contest with set criteria and different assignments each month. I am just throwing it out there but who in the hell am I? smile.gif Obviously we would need someone to take up the role to bring the assignments together. Cough, Sean, Cough*

Feedback & suggestions welcomed. I think this would be extremely beneficial to the community for all skill levels to further the craft.

Josh
OHirtenfelder
I'll be quite honest. I didn't participate in the contest before, for 2 reasons. My PS skill is so heavily outclassed by some of the guys on here, and more importantly, I'm always so stupidly busy with my own stuff that trying to find the time to do this is very difficult. But I'm all for it.

From time to time I might take part, and I also think it's a great learning experience for everyone, seeing what can be achieved from what sort of base material.

I say hell yeah!!
dynadesign.nu
^what he said. I'm nor nearly even close to beeing good at PP, so actually I should want to participate, but I just got way to much stuff goin on atm.
allways fun to see peoples skills though!
DonJuanMair
im in the exact same boat, my PS skills arent as good as people on here so i never participate. I also rarely shoot cars now. BUT its always fun to see what the super skilled PS users come up with
James Cause
I'm glad this came up, when I first found this place and was looking through old stuff I was a little disappointed to find the contest seemed to be dead.
Chin.Up
Lets do it.
GFWilliams
I'm not too fussed to be honest... Always got so much work on now that I wouldn't have much time to do it tbh...

Also, there don't seem to be anywhere near as many high end people on here anymore
Mitch Hemming
Who says it has to be outrageous edits?

Why not run the contests/what ever, but make it, if anything, a learning curve for people wanting to better their PP skills?

At least by participating, you can see how you've edited your photo and how the next person has edited theirs. you both started with the same image, so you can see exactly whats changed. its a great way to learn if you ask me...

I dont have time for this haha, but I'm sure theres people who do
Seethegrim
I tried keeping it going as long I could, but at the time there was very limited interest. It was the same 5 guys doing it every time.
Martin
I'm more into editing and not adding new elements which makes it less fun to participate amongst others more altered pics, but I'll do it for my own sake if I have time over.
iLLuZioNz
QUOTE(Mitch Hemming @ May 5 2012, 12:13 AM) *
Who says it has to be outrageous edits?

Why not run the contests/what ever, but make it, if anything, a learning curve for people wanting to better their PP skills?

At least by participating, you can see how you've edited your photo and how the next person has edited theirs. you both started with the same image, so you can see exactly whats changed. its a great way to learn if you ask me...

I dont have time for this haha, but I'm sure theres people who do

This is exactly what I was thinking, but hey I was just thinking out loud. I dont even know how or who would want to run such a contest but I just thought it would be beneficial. It seems many may not have the time though and it'd be back to what seegram said about the same 4-5 people participating. I was hoping we could get numerous people to participate.
Blue Devil
i think in order to get more people maybe we need more time? I wanted to participate but time constrains left me out.
Brent B
Reading through old threads... can we try and do some competitions again? Either comps or just simple tonal/color adjustment edits? Or even just seeing what everyone would do as if the shot were theirs. I feel I'd learn a lot just by seeing what you guys would come up with.
Broda
I would try my best to join.

Would be fun to have something that isn't for a client to work on.
I would agree with a bit more time to work on it.

This would be cool though, i would just hope to learn some stuff from guys here.

BandyDesign
I'm subscribed to see if this goes anywhere. I would be interested.
Brent B
How about we just get this started and hopefully more and more people will join in. I don't have any RAW files of particularly awesome shoots (referring to exotics), but maybe I could just post one/drop a link of what I do have? Would that work for you guys?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.