Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: so i had a weird dream/thought
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Diesel
What if in the future, you could save and download your thoughts for preservation. Sorta like a fiber cable plugged into your brain that can save to a hard drive. Now what if law enforcement got a hold of this and used it to solve crimes? They could use it to interview witnesses and see what they saw at the time of the incident. Or to convict or exonerate someone who's been accused of a crime? Just plug em in and see what they were doing or not doing or how they did it.

Think it could make a good scifi movie?
350Z
A British screenwriter did a one episode television drama along those lines called "The Entire History of You"
Bjorn
J. K. Rowling beat you to it.

clarkma5
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393450,00.asp

I bet we'll be there within our lifetimes!
Diesel
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 30 2012, 11:55 AM) *

which book?
Bjorn
A lot of them. I can't remember specifically right now.

There is a device called a pensieve which can store thoughts, dreams and memories.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Pensieve
Razor
While I am a HUGE proponent of this technology (especially given the potential for glitching, mashing or remixing thought like you do music), I also would like to point out that your thoughts are currently really the most private place in the universe. This technology would change that. Just saying. Think about it.
clarkma5
QUOTE(Razor @ May 1 2012, 12:40 PM) *
While I am a HUGE proponent of this technology (especially given the potential for glitching, mashing or remixing thought like you do music), I also would like to point out that your thoughts are currently really the most private place in the universe. This technology would change that. Just saying. Think about it.

I think that was kinda the point of this post.

Privacy's dead, I suppose we're going to have to get used to that. We can fight it but there's no putting that genie back in the bottle, the more we depend on mass amounts of information the more companies, the government, even friends and family are going to dig around to find information. 99.9% of that will not be because they want information on YOU, but because they want information on populations. There is no larger or more accurate sample set than the entire population.
AcevedoMandy
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 30 2012, 11:55 AM) *

Haha, lol, but you're right, dude biggrin.gif
Fleetfootmac
It sounds a little like "Precrime" from that movie... what was that movie?
AcostaAngel
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 30 2012, 10:55 AM) *

Yep, dude, too little to late smile.gif
But what if some crazy hacked hacks your DreamStore device and uploads them to ThoughtTube?))

summerpink
Your imagination is really very rich, if this becomes true, do you really think it is very good? Though it can help us catch criminals, if some bad person take advantage of this to violate our privacy,what should we do?
clarkma5
AGGGHHHH SPAMBOTS D:<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.