Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Awesome app
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Bjorn
I'm not sure how it works, or why it works, but this is an awesome app.

I'm also not sure if it's legal or will last if you buy it. But I'm pretty happy right now. Watching BBC's F1 highlights.
moe
Reading those comment, I wouldn't touch that app.
Razor
Already rightfully pulled. I can't believe idiot developers think they should be allowed to make money off of breaking rules. The parties who actually own that content should sue the shit out of them.
Bjorn
Works great for me.

All I wanted was a way to watch BBC, and I got that.

That being said, I have no idea how this got through the filters in the app store.

Part of me wonders if Apple is having some QC issues since Steve died. I read an article last month about the new apple TV interface, and how Steve rejected it, but after he died it got OK'd.

Say what you will about Steve Jobs, but him personally signing off on everything coming out of Apple led to several home runs. I kinda worry about the company maintaining that level of excellence without him.
moe
^ I don't think it's that big of an issue. In fact, I think it's largely isolated to the App Store, which is in need of a huge overhaul.
skr
Lots of illicit apps slip through the cracks. A nice tethering app made it onto the app store, only to get taken down after a few months. It's not uncommon, which shows how much the app store and the processes need to be revamped.
Razor
Although I agree it needs an overhaul, I'd say Apple's not doing too shabby maintaining their App Store, especially when compared to a competitor of theirs.

*COUGH*RipoffVersionsOfAngryBirdsThatLeakAllYourPersonalInformationToChineseAnd
RussianServersReadilyAvailableForAndroid*COUGH*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.