Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lamborghini debuts their new SUV
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
Bjorn

Am I the only one who finds the resemblance a bit obvious?
clarkma5
Yeah it's too close to an X6 or Evoque for sure.
OHirtenfelder
I see the resemblance to the X6, in the general dimensions, but this is far more taught, cut and angular, where the X6 is bulbous.
I like the look of this, but I'm convinced this will look shit in 10 years time.
911xx
I dont know what to think of it. Would I rather go snowboarding in my Lambo SUV or in my Murcielago with a ski rack on it?
Bjorn
QUOTE(911xx @ Apr 20 2012, 02:19 PM) *
I dont know what to think of it. Would I rather go snowboarding in my Lambo SUV or in my Murcielago with a ski rack on it?

If you can afford a new Lambo, I think you cold also afford a Ferrari FF or Land Rover for ski holidays.
RallyCat909
Yeah, that looks.....horrendous.
moe
QUOTE(911xx @ Apr 20 2012, 11:19 PM) *

Well, if I had to go skiing/snowboarding in a Lambo...this is how I'd do it.

bobo27
I was hoping Lambo goes with a premium sedan rather than a SUV. Don't like this thing, too much LR Evoqueish... Do premium SUV's command more sales than premium sedans? (maybe that the wrong question to ask...)
moe
^ I think the major cost here is platforms. I don't believe VW Group has a platform suitable for the Estoque, and thus one would have to be developed. The platform for the Urus will be shared with the new Bentley SUV, the next-gen Cayenne, Q7, and Touareg. Also, as strange as it is, it's more on-brand for Lambo to build an SUV than a sedan based on its heritage thanks to the LM002.
clarkma5
They don't have an Estoque platform? A7 or Panamera-based, duh. I mean this is just gonna be Cayenne-based what's the difference?

The reason it's an SUV is probably because they have higher profit margins. Especially if they base it on something as lowly as the Touareg and then end up charging $180k for it. of course it'll have a V10 and a reasonably bespoke interior and lots of chassis tuning and what not, but I think this will be a big profit machine.
moe
Ahh, I forgot about the Panamera's platform. Isn't the A7's platform essentially a FWD platform though? I know Lambo would just throw AWD at it anyway, but I feel like that isn't the right DNA for a Lambo sedan.

While you've probably hit the nail on the head with profit-margins, I think my "on-brand" argument still stands. Or does no one car or remember the LM002 anymore?
bobo27
I completely forgot about the Rambo-Lambo... Yea profit margin and inexpensive good to go platform.
DB9
Interior is really cool looking. It doesn't look terribly practical though. Although I don't think anything about this car is...
moe
^ Is anything ever practical about a Lambo?
Bjorn
^AWD
350Z
^Also you can raise the nose to get over speed bumps!
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Apr 22 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Ahh, I forgot about the Panamera's platform. Isn't the A7's platform essentially a FWD platform though? I know Lambo would just throw AWD at it anyway, but I feel like that isn't the right DNA for a Lambo sedan.

While you've probably hit the nail on the head with profit-margins, I think my "on-brand" argument still stands. Or does no one car or remember the LM002 anymore?

Every turd Audi made is FWD based besides the R8 and Q7.

QUOTE(moe @ Apr 24 2012, 01:55 AM) *
^ Is anything ever practical about a Lambo?

See below....

QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 24 2012, 08:10 AM) *
^AWD

This!
Possible hero
Nothing else on the road says "Fuck You" quite like the new Urus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.