Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHEELSbyWOVKA
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
wovka
Hello friends, I didn't write here for some time, but today I'm presenting my '11 portfolio/magazine.

For the portfolio I choose an 88 page magazine format, and magazine is an important word here - I published not only the best pics, but pics that tell a full story. I was making it for 3 months, 'cause I'm lazy - I believe that it's possible to make it in a week or two. All writings and design is done also by me.

Actually, photographs are from a 5 year period, and this gave me the opportunity to make an objective excursion to Estonian automotive lifestyle, especially parts about Muscle Cars, drag racing and drift.

Portfolio: Lexus LS400 VIP, Volga Lowrider, Volvo P1800ES, Nissan 350Z, Dodge Viper GTS, Chrysler 300C, Porsche Techart Magnum, Porsche 911, Lexus IS250, Volvo C70, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII.

Events: trackdays 2009 - 2011, drag racing 2008 - 2011, drifting 2009 - 2011, us cars' club 2007 - 2011, x-treme tuning car show 2010 - 2011, street racing 2007 - 2011.

CLICK!
dynadesign.nu
I didn't really know what to expect when clicking the image, but that was nice!

what def. caught my eye though - page 66, the vette(I guess). Really really nice B/W.

I gladly looked through the whole thing. good job. must have taken quite a while to cut and past that together.
Duff
Cool concept - great way to show a port. The only thing I noticed is your first DPS shots are all "arty" or out of focus with no strong composition or "Wow factor". I would lead with your strongest work to grab peoples attention as I believe that not everyone would go through the entire 88 pages.

wovka
Thanks Duff and dynadesign.nu. Yes, few people said about strong pictures in the front, I'll keep that in mind the next time!

If your interested what difference did this portfolio made, i'll tell you: it became very easy to get a cool car for the photoshoot or apply for a photographer pass for events. In this way, the "edvitorial" strategy works. Did it bring more customers? No, but it's my hobby, so I'm not worried for now. Also portfolio was reblogged by a lot of drift and drag associations and racers.
wovka
It is two years now from the first yearzine I done, so here's my 3rd annual portfolio.

Link: http://issuu.com/wovka/docs/wheelsbywovka2013

Featuring DTM final at Hockenheim, Gatebil Rudskogen 2013, Carrare Cup, European FIA F3, Gumball 3000, Drift All Stars, EEDC, NEZ Drift, Gran Turismo Baltica and many more.

Exclusive shoot with BMW Art Cars.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.