Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New guy with an SRT8 Magnum
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
NNOLANN
Hey everybody! I drive a 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8. I'm a "photographer", learning a lot everyday and hope to learn more from this forum.

Here's one of my favorite shots I took of my car:

sigma 073-1 by NnolanN, on Flickr

and here's what it looks like at the moment:

Rollin. by NnolanN, on Flickr
Razor
I always forget how awesome the Magnum looks, especially in dark colors. Welcome!
shandyman5
Nice stance on the second pic! Car looks great, Any mods besides lowering and 300 SRT-8 wheels? I ran with a Whipple Supercharged 300 SRT-8 and it was a handful to keep up with even with it's weight.

I would love to purchase one of these, it is a real shame they never came with a third pedal.... thumbs_down.gif
NNOLANN
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 11 2012, 09:08 PM) *
I always forget how awesome the Magnum looks, especially in dark colors. Welcome!

Thanks! I like the avatar man haha.

Here's a spur of the moment pic I took that shows off the profile a little more:

dirty by NnolanN, on Flickr
NNOLANN
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Apr 11 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Nice stance on the second pic! Car looks great, Any mods besides lowering and 300 SRT-8 wheels? I ran with a Whipple Supercharged 300 SRT-8 and it was a handful to keep up with even with it's weight.

I would love to purchase one of these, it is a real shame they never came with a third pedal.... thumbs_down.gif

Oops, missed this, my bad. Right now just what you said. By the end of the month I'll have a 440 Stroker, 3.73 lsd rear, 1400hp axles, chromoly driveshaft, and Vossen CV3 wheels on it! I can't wait

I see you have a 2010 Porsche 911 Carerra C4S... drool3.gif
Halflifehavock13
Christ, that's awesome.
shandyman5
QUOTE(NNOLANN @ Apr 11 2012, 09:36 PM) *
Oops, missed this, my bad. Right now just what you said. By the end of the month I'll have a 440 Stroker, 3.73 lsd rear, 1400hp axles, chromoly driveshaft, and Vossen CV3 wheels on it! I can't wait

I see you have a 2010 Porsche 911 Carerra C4S... drool3.gif

Nice... gotta love Vossen wheels. You doing a high comp 440 stroker or low comp with a power adder? What kind of numbers you looking for. You keeping the stock tranny or going manual or upgrade?

Stay around on the forum, it's great to have a new addition, and there is a great group of guys and some amazing photography on here.

The Porsche is my old man's but we both race it in an Open Track setting, but thanks for the compliment!

EDIT: Two Things!

One: Ditch the front plate... It will look a lot better

Two: Where in NY are you located, it is tough to tell by your pictures.... I am in North Jersey, and have a house upstate wondering if you're relatively close....
Bjorn
I think these will be a classic some day.

I bought a 2009 Legacy wagon, but I always kinda regretted not trying out the Magnum while it was around. There is something very sinister about a V8 station wagon, and Dodge was practically giving them away toward the end of production.
NNOLANN
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Apr 11 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Christ, that's awesome.

Haha thanks!

QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Apr 12 2012, 12:46 AM) *
Nice... gotta love Vossen wheels. You doing a high comp 440 stroker or low comp with a power adder? What kind of numbers you looking for. You keeping the stock tranny or going manual or upgrade?

Stay around on the forum, it's great to have a new addition, and there is a great group of guys and some amazing photography on here.

The Porsche is my old man's but we both race it in an Open Track setting, but thanks for the compliment!

EDIT: Two Things!

One: Ditch the front plate... It will look a lot better

Two: Where in NY are you located, it is tough to tell by your pictures.... I am in North Jersey, and have a house upstate wondering if you're relatively close....

Hi comp, I'm gonna stay N/A. It's my daily driver and drag car on the weekend, so it takes a beating. I need it to last a little while lol. The motor as it sits now should put out about 550whp. Once I get a ported intake, tb, true cai, and full exhaust, I think I'll hit 600whp. Thats my goal. As for the trans, I'm going to get an upgraded trans, keep it auto.

I HATE the front plate, but i have to keep it because I get pulled over all the time for my tint and no front plate is just one more thing for me to get a ticket for haha

I live near Albany, parents live in Clifton Park. Where's your upstate house?

QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 12 2012, 10:18 AM) *
I think these will be a classic some day.

I bought a 2009 Legacy wagon, but I always kinda regretted not trying out the Magnum while it was around. There is something very sinister about a V8 station wagon, and Dodge was practically giving them away toward the end of production.

Seeing the looks on peoples faces when I hit the gas reminds why I bought this car lol. If you do decide to get one, check out LXForums, some amazing deals come up on there. Gotta get an SRT8 too! They're coming down in price now that all the new SRT cars are out.
Bjorn
I might consider it, but I think I'm done buying used daily drivers. Too many unknowns. I also need something that gets better than 10MPG. I had a Durango with the hemi V8 in it for three days and went though two weeks-worth of gas.

If I do buy a V8 wagon it's most likely going to be a Volvo 245 I drop a SBC or Mustang V8 in to. A fun sleeper project.
NNOLANN
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 12 2012, 11:21 AM) *
I might consider it, but I think I'm done buying used daily drivers. Too many unknowns. I also need something that gets better than 10MPG. I had a Durango with the hemi V8 in it for three days and went though two weeks-worth of gas.

If I do buy a V8 wagon it's most likely going to be a Volvo 245 I drop a SBC or Mustang V8 in to. A fun sleeper project.

Agreed, that would be awesome
shandyman5
QUOTE(NNOLANN @ Apr 12 2012, 10:38 AM) *
Haha thanks!

Hi comp, I'm gonna stay N/A. It's my daily driver and drag car on the weekend, so it takes a beating. I need it to last a little while lol. The motor as it sits now should put out about 550whp. Once I get a ported intake, tb, true cai, and full exhaust, I think I'll hit 600whp. Thats my goal. As for the trans, I'm going to get an upgraded trans, keep it auto.

I HATE the front plate, but i have to keep it because I get pulled over all the time for my tint and no front plate is just one more thing for me to get a ticket for haha

I live near Albany, parents live in Clifton Park. Where's your upstate house?

Seeing the looks on peoples faces when I hit the gas reminds why I bought this car lol. If you do decide to get one, check out LXForums, some amazing deals come up on there. Gotta get an SRT8 too! They're coming down in price now that all the new SRT cars are out.

Holy shit! HAHA I know a ton of people on Clifton Park, Burnt Hills, etc. My house is in the Adirondacks, I raced on the Gore Mountain ski team, I am assuming you went to Shen?? Small world! You can message me if you want... When did you graduate?
NNOLANN
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Apr 12 2012, 02:56 PM) *
Holy shit! HAHA I know a ton of people on Clifton Park, Burnt Hills, etc. My house is in the Adirondacks, I raced on the Gore Mountain ski team, I am assuming you went to Shen?? Small world! You can message me if you want... When did you graduate?

No way!! Haha, small world indeed. I graduated in '08. Message sent thumbs_up.gif
shandyman5
QUOTE(NNOLANN @ Apr 12 2012, 04:05 PM) *
No way!! Haha, small world indeed. I graduated in '08. Message sent thumbs_up.gif

PM replied!
fiber optic
Nothing wrong with this car at all. Me gusta.
NNOLANN
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Apr 12 2012, 09:25 PM) *
Nothing wrong with this car at all. Me gusta.

Thanks man, best compliment I've received!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.