Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AWD banned in BRC?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
RallyCat909
So they banned AWD in the British Rally Championship? W T F?

Sorry but the Citroen, Skoda, Renaults, Fords wrong wheel drive cars are laughable to watch on loose surfaces. They argue the formula evens the field and is a practical solution to that endeavor. This is fucking racing. I dont always wanna see 'practicality' and nutless econoboxes with loud exhausts and a rollcage. Why not go to rear wheel drive? Hi BMW, Porsche, Nissan, and a slew of other RWD cars.

/sighs
skr
That sounds really dumb.. Have you tried following IRC?
Bjorn
I dunno, I could get behind that.

It would make the cars cheaper and more difficult to drive. Could be fun to watch.
RallyCat909
Its boring to watch. The braking zones are all silly and its like watching 6 year olds in a competition to throw a hammer by the head. Even the Finns can't make it entertaining to watch.

Skr, Im looking for IRC d/ls, if you know of some, hit me.
Synesthesia
REALLY!? The cars are FRONT wheel drive? I don't see the rationale of front over rear. Maybe the WRC is next. tongue.gif
RallyCat909
Who watches WRC anymore? Just figure on Loeb winning.
clarkma5
Actually the competition this year seems much more varied, but I haven't watched WRC in a couple years now just because I'm tired of the poor coverage. I just read about it.
RallyCat909
I even got bored with that. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.