Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 250hp Subaru BRZ STi version coming
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
Diesel
Speedhunters has confirmed with Subaru's marketing manager that there's a
250hp STi version of the BRZ coming soon, but it WON'T be a turbo. They're
going to tweak the NA engine and lighten the weight and obviously give it all the STi bits.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2012/03/28...on-the-way.aspx

And i was bored.

clarkma5
I like it, I'm just sorta hoping it's not a 250 HP 2.0 and it comes with some displacement for the sake of torque. Also I'm expecting it to be at least a $5k premium over the normal model so I'm gonna stick with my plan and work toward a base FR-S.
Diesel
I doubt they can get 250 out of the 2.0.. i'm guessing they're going to stuff the 2.5L in it instead.
Bjorn
^which would account for the commitment to shed some weight.
Diesel
actually i take that back.. If Honda could do 240hp out of their 2.0L F20C 10 years ago.. then who's to say Subaru can't do the same with today's modern direct injection and all that.
Synesthesia
Huh, interesting! I am liking the looks of it, though that spoiler doesn't look real.
Diesel
another version more suitable for desktop wallpaper. 1920x1200

Sandra Jolly
I love this car really it look much cute and very attractive.The photo itself is so brilliant how will be the car I am thinking that..That paint color is AWESOME and all the features of the car are very good..Amazing car. Survival Kits...... smile.gif
RallyCat909
So you can have a catfish without any oomph for $25K, or one with 50 more hp, lighter seats, and sound deadening material removed for $40,000?

Stupid.
shandyman5
QUOTE(RallyCat909 @ Apr 4 2012, 05:59 PM) *
So you can have a catfish without any oomph for $25K, or one with 50 more hp, lighter seats, and sound deadening material removed for $40,000?

Stupid.

Just curious if you know what vehicle earned "original" catfish term.
RallyCat909
Oh....I dunno....was it that Aston Martin? I forget the name. Chop some whiskers onto the BRZ and see what I mean. tongue.gif
Diesel
where did you get the $40K price from? I say it's about $30k
clarkma5
Yeah I'd expect an STI/TRD version to sticker for $30k give or take a couple grand.
RallyCat909
Oops, my bad, I meant a $30k catfish.
shandyman5
QUOTE(RallyCat909 @ Apr 4 2012, 06:08 PM) *
Oh....I dunno....was it that Aston Martin? I forget the name. Chop some whiskers onto the BRZ and see what I mean. tongue.gif

This is the original! thumbs_up.gif

A.K.A

RallyCat909
Haha nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.