Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just wanted to brag a little
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
911xx
I'll transfer this topic in the user's rides section when I get it, but I just signed for an '12 STI.

canadian.gif
Synesthesia
Sweet! Sedan or hatch? What are you comin from... Civic Si?
shandyman5
QUOTE(911xx @ Mar 26 2012, 08:04 PM) *
I'll transfer this topic in the user's rides section when I get it, but I just signed for an '12 STI.

canadian.gif

Excellent upgrade! I actually ordered a WRB '11 Limited STi but as soon as I heard about the '13 GT500 I cancelled! Congratulations! You're going to love it they are awesome.
911xx
Thanks thanks. I'll sure love it smile.gif It's a WRB hatch, 'base' model. I'm coming from a Civic SI, but I traded it 6 months ago for a FJ Cruiser witch runs like shit and already needs to be repaired a bit before selling it.
OHirtenfelder
Congrats. They are hellafun cars to drive. Fuel consumption does suck a bit though.
dukenukem
Welcome to the Subaru world. I would get a stage 1 flash ASAP to get rid of the shitty stock tune unless Subaru did fix the leaning out in closed loop issue.
skr
Congrats on your purchase!

..I don't mean to thread jack, but since we're on the topic of Subaru, I'm looking to order a '12 WRX Hatch soon.. I can't justify the 10k premium for an STI. Is there any real benefit to the differential(and its controls) compared to the WRX differential? Is 40 HP a huge difference? Please educate me! smile.gif

I intend on having this for daily driving, some spirited driving, and maybe a novice track day or two pending a suspension/brake upgrade.

Thanks for the input!
shandyman5
QUOTE(skr @ Mar 29 2012, 02:55 PM) *

..I don't mean to thread jack, but since we're on the topic of Subaru, I'm looking to order a '12 WRX Hatch soon.. I can't justify the 10k premium for an STI. Is there any real benefit to the differential(and its controls) compared to the WRX differential? Is 40 HP a huge difference? Please educate me! smile.gif

I intend on having this for daily driving, some spirited driving, and maybe a novice track day or two pending a suspension/brake upgrade.

Thanks for the input!

If you can afford it and have any plans to Open Track the car then the STi is definitely worth it without a doubt. You have the six speed which is a much better transmission. Also, there is the adjustable differential, Brembo brakes, Suede seats, much bigger TMIC, and in general better engine overall. If you just want one for a DD or a spirited vehicle the WRX is plenty.

dukenukem
QUOTE(skr @ Mar 29 2012, 01:55 PM) *

Thanks for the input!

If you are not going to track the car regularly then there is no benefit of the DCCD for you. If you are doing a track day then make sure you get better pads and fluid.
911xx
Got the car last night. 8 kilometers on it. Has so much new car smell it almost hurts. I feel like being in a video game with all the controls and settings you can change on the car, in the tach, the torque output.

Good times coming firedevil.gif It's a WRB hatchback by the way. No options except wheels locks canadian.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.