Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '13 GT500 Pricing Anounced
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
shandyman5
The GT500 pricing was announced today..... $54,400 for a base model... I built one fully loaded on Ford's site and it came out to just under 65K! Hel of a car for what your getting.... A lot of stuff double its price range will be feeling pretty hurt if they run into one of these...

Car looks great, can't wait to see reviews and 'ring times!
dukenukem
What I want to know is if I can get the regular GT with Boss 302 brakes and suspension goodies and the Recaros. If I can then I am growing a mullet and listening to whatever it is hillbillies listen to and buying it.
shandyman5
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 15 2012, 05:11 PM) *
What I want to know is if I can get the regular GT with Boss 302 brakes and suspension goodies and the Recaros. If I can then I am growing a mullet and listening to whatever it is hillbillies listen to and buying it.

That's Camaro's that you grow a mullet for!

The 2013 does come with the same brakes, and Recaros. The suspension goodies are seperate but not that expensive to add....

Might as well just get a Boss?

clarkma5
I would much rather have the Boss 302 than the GT500, even at the same price. The GT500 is a lot of car for $54k and change but at $41k the Boss 302 is most likely the best performance bargain on the market today.
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 15 2012, 04:33 PM) *
I would much rather have the Boss 302 than the GT500, even at the same price. The GT500 is a lot of car for $54k and change but at $41k the Boss 302 is most likely the best performance bargain on the market today.

At least last year, most stealerships were charging $51k OTD for Boss 302 around Texas.
shandyman5
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 15 2012, 05:53 PM) *
At least last year, most stealerships were charging $51k OTD for Boss 302 around Texas.

That's insane..... I could see a Laguna Seca for that but a base 302... dealers are definitely throwing adm on those....
clarkma5
Happens all the time with limited edition low volume cars. They may not be popular in a broad-market sense, but the niche who wants them WANTS them. It's why dealers love those sorts of cars. It's why the ZL1 production delay was news.
shandyman5
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 15 2012, 07:03 PM) *
Happens all the time with limited edition low volume cars. They may not be popular in a broad-market sense, but the niche who wants them WANTS them. It's why dealers love those sorts of cars. It's why the ZL1 production delay was news.

The Boss was neither limited production or limited edition.

No production restriction was placed on them, dealers kept low stock of them since they are more of a niche car like you said. But whoever wanted one could order one or pick one off the lot.
fiber optic
I'd be cool with a base GT. Less than half the price of your optioned out GT500. Even at $5/gallon of gas that is 6000 gallons which at 17MPG city gets me 102,000 miles. But 354 cubic inches of sweet supercharged Ford V8 would be oh so nice.
shandyman5
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Mar 15 2012, 10:08 PM) *
I'd be cool with a base GT. Less than half the price of your optioned out GT500. Even at $5/gallon of gas that is 6000 gallons which at 17MPG city gets me 102,000 miles. But 354 cubic inches of sweet supercharged Ford V8 would be oh so nice.

I would be cool with one to less weight good drag package, but the amenities and track options make any option great....
clarkma5
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Mar 15 2012, 04:19 PM) *
The Boss was neither limited production or limited edition.

No production restriction was placed on them, dealers kept low stock of them since they are more of a niche car like you said. But whoever wanted one could order one or pick one off the lot.

Alright not technically limited production, but definitely low volume. Ford will never sit around with a 60 day inventory of bosses on the lots, it's too risky that you'll simply saturate the market niche with a car like this.
HKYStormFront
i'd much rather have a Boss as well. just like my preference is the GT3 to the GT2 (yes i've driven both). it's just better balanced.
clarkma5
QUOTE(HKYStormFront @ Mar 16 2012, 11:47 AM) *
i'd much rather have a Boss as well. just like my preference is the GT3 to the GT2 (yes i've driven both). it's just better balanced.

Great analogy, I've always seen the Boss 302 as a poor man's GT3 in concept and in execution.
Razor
Mullets apply to all sub-Corvette American sports cars, and the Corvette is a midlife crisis getaway car.
Bjorn
^It all depends on the age of the Corvette.

The probability of mullet when plotted against the age of the car is logarithmic. Extending towards infinity at around 20 years.

There is the pre-C3 paradox however.
HKYStormFront
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 16 2012, 02:55 PM) *
Great analogy, I've always seen the Boss 302 as a poor man's GT3 in concept and in execution.

exactly
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 17 2012, 09:10 AM) *
Mullets apply to all sub-Corvette American sports cars, and the Corvette is a midlife crisis getaway car.

Not sure if joking or not, and you're a great friend but that is a pretty biased and ridiculous comment.

It is no different than saying all VW owners are hipster douches.

dukenukem
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Mar 17 2012, 10:08 AM) *
Not sure if joking or not, and you're a great friend but that is a pretty biased and ridiculous comment.

They are. What's your point?
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Mar 17 2012, 11:08 AM) *

I WAS, but then I traded being hipster for raving.

But in general, yeah, they are.

EDIT: Semi-joking re: the American cars, lulz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.