Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F1 2012 - DS Predictions Championship
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
Pages: 1, 2, 3
tune
F1 2012 - DS Predictions Championship

Below are the rules for this year's competition. If anyone has any suggestions before the first race for any additions/changes, please post them here to be discussed.

Everyone is welcome to join, even if you are not a regular poster on the forums.
Also, if you're reading this after the start of the season, please feel free to join at any time, a couple of good results can soon pull you up the rankings.

1. Predictions must be in before the race start time, anything after will not be accepted.
2. You must predict the top 10 finishing positions.
3. You must also predict the driver who will get the fastest lap during the race.
4. Before the first race of the season (Australia) you must predict who you think will be Drivers World Champion and Constructors World Champions. Your first choices will stand until the end of the season. Anyone who does not predict a Driver or Constructor World Champions before the first race, will not be eligible to earn points for these predictions.
5. 10 points will be awarded for predicting the correct Drivers World Champion.
6. 10 points will be awarded for predicting the correct Constructors World Champions.
7. 5 points will be awarded for predicting a driver in the right place or the driver with the fastest lap.
8. 3 points will be awarded for predicting a driver in the wrong place, but within 1 position of your guess.
9. 2 points will be awarded for predicting a driver in the wrong place, but within 2 positions of your guess.
10. 1 point will be awarded for predicting a driver in the wrong place, but within 3 positions of your guess.
11. You will be allowed 1 consecutive carry over if you miss a race, but will score half points for that round.
12. You will be allowed 1 "Joker" play throughout the season. At any race of your choosing, you can play your Joker and this will gain you Double Points for this prediction only.
13. Race disqualifications/altered finishing positions only count in our competition if they happen on the same day as a race.
14. This will be the thread for all predictions throughout the season. Any predictions posted elsewhere or sent in a PM will not be counted, they must be visible to all players.
15. The scores will be kept in a spreadsheet, which can be requested at any time.

Here's to hoping for another season of close racing and predictions. Best of luck.
skr
Here we go!

WDC: Button
WCC: McLaren

Australian Grand Prix
1. Hamilton
2. Button
3. Webber
4. Schumacher
5. Rosberg
6. Vettel
7. Alonso
8. Raikkonen
9. Hulkenburg
10. Grosjean
FL: Hamilton
tune
1. Hamilton
2. Button
3. Schumacher
4. Webber
5. Rosberg
6. Vettel
7. Grosjean
8. Alonso
9. Maldonado
10. Hulkenberg
FL. Button

WDC: Hamilton

Damn committing to the WDC and WCC predictions is so difficult. The playing field could be level by China.
shandyman5
1. Hamilton
2. Button
3. Vettel
4. Schumacher
4. Webber
5. Rosberg
7. Alonso
8. Grosjean
9. Maldonado
10. Hulkenberg

FL. Vettel

WDC: Vettel
WCC: Red Bull
bobo27
WDC: Vettel

Australian GP

1. Hamilton
2. Schumaher
3. Vettel
4. Button
5. Webber
6. Grosjean
7. Rosberg
8. Maldonado
9. Kobayashi
10. Alonso

FL: Schumacher
tune
Wow only 4 of us - hope we get a few more in the next few races. Scores will be up shortly.
tune
Here we go then after Round 01.

Tune...............16
skr..................13........-3
shandyman5.....13.......-3
bobo27.............10.......-6

What did you all think of the race? I was mainly surprised by (McLaren aside), how different the teams race paces were compared to qualifying. Mercedes looked quick and weren't, Red Bull were faster, Sauber were faster, Williams looked good too.
tune
1. Hamilton
2. Button
3. Webber
4. Vettel
5. Schumacher
6. Rosberg
7. Raikkonen
8. Perez
9. Alonso
10. Maldonado

skr
1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Button
4. Schumacher
5. Webber
6. Raikkonen
7. Alonso
8. Rosberg
9. Grosjean
10. Maldonado

bobo27
1. Button
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Schumaher
5. Webber
6. Grosjean
7. Rosberg
8. Raikonen
9. Perez
10. Alonso

FL: Button
shandyman5
1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Button
4. Schumacher
5. Webber
6. Alonso
7. Raikkonen
8. Rosberg
9. Grosjean
10. Maldonado

FL: Vettel
tune
Well I think we've got the low scoring round out of the way...

Tune...............(7).... 23
skr.................(8).... 21 .... -2
shandyman5...(8).... 21 .... -2
bobo27...........(7).... 17 .... -6
tune
1. Button
2. Rosberg
3. Raikkonen
4. Hamilton
5. Schumacher
6. Kobayashi
7. Webber
8. Alonso
9. Grosjean
10. Maldonado

FL. Hamilton

To be honest I have no idea what will happen tomorrow! So pleased for Nico and Mercedes today though!
bobo27
China GP

1. Hamilton
2. Kobayashi
3. Raikonen
4. Webber
5. Rosberg
6. Perez
7. Schumaher
8. Vettel
9. Grosjean
10. Alonso

FL: Schumaher

I am just throwing this, hopefully some of it sticks.
clarkma5
I really don't see either Mercedes finishing in the top 5 given their ongoing tire issues in the races...fantastic qualifying though, I watched Rosberg's lap and I thought "wow I think I just watched the perfect quali lap" and I really did. It was stunning. (I also felt that way about his Australian quali lap until he messed it up with that huge lockup in the second to last corner)
skr
Hamilton
Raikkonen
Schumacher
Button
Rosberg
Kobayashi
Webber
Alonso
Vettel
Massa

shandyman5
Dammit! I was at a Tough Mudder event all weekend and missed my entry.... Dammit. thumbs_down.gif
clarkma5
Well I have to eat my words about Mercedes...great race though! Awesome weekend for Rosberg, that was a beautiful qualifying lap and a really excellent race for him. So much excitement going on throughout the field, very close racing, loving how the narrower performance window of the Pirellis this season combined with the closer compounds is really changing up who wants to be on what compound when, what stints look like, and a very even split between 2 and 3 stop strategies throughout the field (whereas in 2011 we tended to see the bottom half of the grid running 1 less stop than the top half and focusing more on the prime tire). And then the DRS enables strategies to coexist on the same racetrack. We're really in a sweet spot of the technical regulations these days smile.gif
tune
Sorry chaps, I forgot to say I was going away with work on Saturday afternoon, so have only just got around to watching the race. And what a race it was! Was great to see so many cars racing that close that far into a race!
Of course very happy for Rosberg - who knows if Button's pit stop hadn't fumbled what would've happened, but he drove a faultless race and that qualy lap was sensational. David Croft had suggested he couldn't handle the pressure in qualifying after the mistakes in Aus and Malaysia, but that lap put that to one side.

So the scores...

Tune................(16)......39
skr..................(9)........30......-9
bobo27...........(12)......29.......-10
shandyman5...(6.5).....27.5...-11.5
tune
1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Button
4. Webber
5. Alonso
6. Rosberg
7. Perez
8. Grosjean
9. Di Resta
10. Schumacher

FL. Webber
skr
Vettel
Hamilton
Button
Webber
Rosberg
Raikkonen
Alonso
Grosjean
Hulkenburg
Di Resta

FL: Vettel
bobo27
1. Hamilton
2. Button
3. Vettel
4. Rosberg
5. Webber
6. Raikkonen
7. Perez
8. Grosjean
9. Alfonso
10. di Resta

tune
Tune....................(21)....60
skr.......................(26)....56......-4
bobo27.................(10)....39......-21
shandyman5..........(0).....27.5...-32.5

skr closing the gap. Shandy what's going on?!
shandyman5
My aunt passed away last weekend, I had things I had to attend to this weekend because of all that. I swore to myself I wouldn't let myself skip races this year, but things come up unfortunately. Thanks, for being curious good sir! wave.gif thumbs_up.gif
tune
Sorry to hear that mate; life does tend to get in the way and so it should. My condolences.

Still, I hope you haven't given up completely - the unpredictable nature of the racing so far means a couple of good results while the rest of us struggle could easily put you back in the mix.
skr
For sure! You can totally make an epic comeback! lol
bobo27
My condolences as well. Yea lets hope both skr and tune slip up somewhere in the future and leave the door open for us to get back in the game.
skr
QUOTE(bobo27 @ Apr 23 2012, 09:38 PM) *
My condolences as well. Yea lets hope both skr and tune slip up somewhere in the future and leave the door open for us to get back in the game.

I'm sure somewhere around the european leg of the circus that I'll be changing up my picks a bit and gamble.. lol
tune
I always manage to miss one race a season and my joker plays are usually crap!
tune
1. Alonso
2. Raikkonen
3. Maldonado
4. Perez
5. Rosberg
6. Vettel
7. Kobayashi
8. Button
9. Hamilton
10. Webber

FL. Alonso
skr
1. Raikkonen
2. Button
3. Alonso
4. Hamilton
5. Maldonado
6. Rosberg
7. Schumacher
8. Vettel
9. Kobayashi
10. Grosjean

shandyman5
1. Alonso
2. Perez
3. Raikkonen
4. Maldonado
5. Kobayashi
6. Vettel
7. Rosberg
8. Button
9. Hamilton
10. Webber

FL. Alonso
skr
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ May 13 2012, 07:32 PM) *
1. Alonso
2. Perez
3. Raikkonen
4. Maldonado
5. Kobayashi
6. Vettel
7. Rosberg
8. Button
9. Hamilton
10. Webber

FL. Alonso

Is this for Monaco?
tune
Here you are then guys. Shame there were only 2 predictions this weekend, I felt harsh cutting bobo's carry over in half, but thems the rules.

Tune.................(26)............86
skr....................(10)...........66.........-20
bobo27..............(1.5) CO....40.5.......-45.5
shandyman5.......(0)............27.5 ......-58.5

Shandy is that for Monaco? Even if you haven't seen the race/result, I can't accept a prediction after the race has started. Sorry.
tune
I'd better do this just in case I forget Saturday as I'm away.

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Grosjean
4. Raikkonen
5. Button
6. Perez
7. Rosberg
8. Webber
9. Vettel
10. Kobayashi

FL. Raikkonen
skr
1. Webber
2. Hamilton
3. Rosberg
4. Schumacher
5. Alonso
6. Grosjean
7. Raikkonen
8. Vettel
9. Kobayashi
10. Button

tune
Wow the competition is dying!

I really got ruined by doing a pre-qualy prediction sad.gif and I'm away with work when Canada is on!

Tune..............(3).....89
skr.................(13)...79........-10
bobo27....................40.5.....-48.5
shandyman5....(4)....31.5....-61.5
tune
Updated Canada Prediction

1. Vettel
2. Alonso
3. Hamilton
4. Rosberg
5. Webber
6. Di Resta
7. Massa
8. Schumacher
9. Button
10. Kobayashi

FL. Vettel
shandyman5
QUOTE(tune @ May 29 2012, 08:47 AM) *
Wow the competition is dying!

I really got ruined by doing a pre-qualy prediction sad.gif and I'm away with work when Canada is on!

Tune..............(3).....89
skr.................(13)...79........-10
bobo27....................40.5.....-48.5
shandyman5.............27.5....-61.5

My last one waa for Monaco... I was away and pre-qualy predicted as well, as shitty as my results were.
tune
I've edited the table upstairs for you.
skr
Canadian GP

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Alonso
4. Webber
5. Massa
6. Rosberg
7. Button
8. Schumacher
9. Raikkonen
10. Perez

tune
Sorry it's late been away with work for a few weeks. Canada was a good race and managed to keep from finding out the result until I got back to watch it. Should've kept my original prediction I think!

Tune..................(17)...........106
skr.....................(18)...........97.......-9
bobo27...............(0)............40.5....-65.5
shandyman5.......(4.5 CO)....36.......-70
tune
1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Grosjean
4. Rosberg
5. Raikkonen
6. Kobayashi
7. Maldonado
8. Di Resta
9. Schumacher
10. Webber

FL. Grosjean
skr
BALLS! I missed it! oh well. Hopefully my CO's will pay off in some manner.. LOL
tune
Damn your carry over scored more than my actual prediction!!

Tune..................(6)..........112
skr.....................(9 CO)....106........-6
bobo27.............................40.5 ......-71.5
shandyman5.....................36.........-76
tune
British GP

1. Alonso
2. Vettel
3. Hamilton
4. Schumacher
5. Webber
6. Grosjean
7. Raikkonen
8. Perez
9. Rosberg
10. Button

FL. Webber
shandyman5
British GP

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Alonso
4. Schumacher
5. Webber
6. Raikkonen
7. Grosjean
8. Rosberg
9. Perez
10. Button

FL. Alonso
skr
Damnit, need to start putting these races in my phone calendar. I keep forgetting about these thing since I haven't been watching races very much this season.
tune
Tune..............................(19)....131
skr...........................................106......-25
shandyman5...................(18).....54.......-77
bobo27......................................40.5....-90.5
skr
German GP

1. Alonso
2. Schumacher
3. Webber
4. Raikkonen
5. Vettel
6. Hamilton
7. Rosberg
8. Button
9. Grosjean
10. Hulkenberg

FL: Alonso
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.