Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The zombie stopper
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Bjorn
fiber optic
I'm paraphrasing here but the general idea is that you buy this and then show it off to people. Then the ones that say "Oh that's cool" you can dismiss them as idiots.
dukenukem
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Mar 12 2012, 12:26 PM) *
I'm paraphrasing here but the general idea is that you buy this and then show it off to people. Then the ones that say "Oh that's cool" you can dismiss them as idiots.

Does this mean it is also stupid to conceal carry a gun with a threaded barrel that is tearing up your holster/ clothing?
fiber optic
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 12 2012, 12:32 PM) *
Does this mean it is also stupid to conceal carry a gun with a threaded barrel that is tearing up your holster/ clothing?

If all I had was a threaded barrel gun, I'd carry it.
Bjorn
^Do you carry on a regular basis?
MustangAficionado
Why would you want two .45's going to the same target? What advantage does this have? Stopping vehicles?
OHirtenfelder
This does seem pretty stupid to me. Just sayin'
shandyman5
I am not into guns, besides a few pistols... In theory this seems cool but it looks ridiculous.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Mar 12 2012, 06:57 PM) *
^Do you carry on a regular basis?

No, not with any regularity.
dukenukem
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Mar 12 2012, 02:53 PM) *
If all I had was a threaded barrel gun, I'd carry it.

What I meant was when you buy a threaded barrel specifically so you can show it off as your conceal carry.
Bjorn
I think this is more of a "we built it because we could" thing. Like the Lambo Aventador J.

I'm sure this will be turning up in videogames very soon.
fiber optic
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 13 2012, 01:24 PM) *
What I meant was when you buy a threaded barrel specifically so you can show it off as your conceal carry.

Respect if you put a suppressor on the end. Otherwise, wasted money.
Bjorn
^I find it shocking that silencers are legal in the US.

Here the only guns you can reasonably own are hunting rifles and shotguns. Pistols are legal, but far too much of a pain . . .
fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Mar 13 2012, 02:43 PM) *
^I find it shocking that silencers are legal in the US.

Here the only guns you can reasonably own are hunting rifles and shotguns. Pistols are legal, but far too much of a pain . . .

Suppressors are obtainable but more difficult than firearms. It varies by state and county as to how easy it will be to get. I think the sheriff needs to approve it here. Plus the $200 "tax stamp". They are outlawed in many of the more restrictive states.
Bjorn
Hum.

I get the argument for firearms . . . I don't agree necessarily with the concept of an average person protecting themselves with a gun, but I understand the reasoning. I guess what I mean is I don't understand the argument for a silencer, unless it's "because it's cool," which I'll admit, it is.
shandyman5
Gun carry laws var widely as said above... Texas is by far one of the easiest if not the easiest to conceal carry while NY and NJ basically ignore that a second amendment exists especially when it comes to conceal carry especially in NJ.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Mar 13 2012, 08:49 PM) *
Hum.

I get the argument for firearms . . . I don't agree necessarily with the concept of an average person protecting themselves with a gun, but I understand the reasoning. I guess what I mean is I don't understand the argument for a silencer, unless it's "because it's cool," which I'll admit, it is.

I agree. Just a few months ago, silencers were legalized in Michigan. I thought they weren't legal nationwide, but only to LE. The only real semblance is that silencers are not only harder to find, but are much more expensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.