Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Page
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Flaw
I checked it for the first time in a while, and just lol'd.
Razor
Yep, seriously.

Ketan, if you're reading this, I don't know what on earth could have compelled you to replace Diesel's gorgeous theme with whatever HTML first-time-effort replacement you found for it, but it's fucking hideous and you need to do something about it. I would work for you, but I actually don't want to touch the mainpage after what's been done to it. I suggest reverting back to Diesel's theme... your new one looks like it's being run by someone who doesn't give two shits about cars.

Oh, wait.
Synesthesia
There are lots of nice ads though! And quality value-added content!
shandyman5
Diesel, you should do what Benz wish they did with Chrysler, instead of buying high and selling low like you did, you should by DS back for pennies on the dollar hold onto it and bring it back to life and then sell it again.
Seethegrim
This thread is dejavu.
Diesel
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Mar 4 2012, 08:42 PM) *
Diesel, you should do what Benz wish they did with Chrysler, instead of buying high and selling low like you did, you should by DS back for pennies on the dollar hold onto it and bring it back to life and then sell it again.

or i'll just start something new.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Diesel @ Mar 7 2012, 07:25 PM) *
or i'll just start something new.

Do tell?
Diesel
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Mar 7 2012, 07:49 PM) *
Do tell?

If i ever get off my lazy ass and have some spare time, i've got an idea for a wayyyy better wallpaper site that will let you download images in all kinds of resolutions for pc, tablets, phones, etc.
Synesthesia
^Please. The only decent site is netcarshow and their format isn't the best.
clarkma5
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Mar 8 2012, 07:05 PM) *
^Please. The only decent site is netcarshow and their format isn't the best.

And their watermarks make me not want to put their stuff on my desktops. The fact that Ketan has recently been adding a dieselstation watermark makes me want to stop using this place, but at least it's smaller, not colored, and tucked in the corner more...
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(Diesel @ Mar 8 2012, 03:34 PM) *
If i ever get off my lazy ass and have some spare time, i've got an idea for a wayyyy better wallpaper site that will let you download images in all kinds of resolutions for pc, tablets, phones, etc.

No one cares about that part, will it have forums?
moe
^ Hahahaha, QFT.
shandyman5
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Mar 12 2012, 12:45 AM) *
No one cares about that part, will it have forums?

Truth! Bring EVERYONE back!
dukenukem
I think I am one of the 3 people on here who have never ever cared for the wallpaper section.
Bjorn
^ four people.
clarkma5
I like it for now, honestly my wallpaper shuffle folder is almost entirely DS stuff. I'm gonna be stuck though if I ever go to a second monitor I think.
Blue Devil
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Mar 12 2012, 03:14 PM) *
^ four people.

^ five
shandyman5
6..... Although the wallpapers is what led me here through Google searches.
clarkma5
The wallpapers are what lead me here on the recommendation of an acquaintance in freshman year of high school...2 years before there were forums at all!
Aircooled
Yeah I initially found this place looking for wallpapers after I got my first computer and was hell bent on having the the highest res picture of every car I ever thought was cool. 38.5 Gb and 26,578 files later I have really came to not scour the web for car pics anymore.
dukenukem
I came here looking for a link to Jeremy Clarkson videos that were posted on a FTP server.
Bjorn
^Ha, yeah.

I came here because Finalgear.com was temporarily hosted here, and then Finalgear went back up I stayed.

I had completely forgot about that.
RallyCat909
I came here ...shit I dunno, 8 years ago I guess looking for good car talk. I learn a lot from you guys and even when you are bitching at each other its about car related stuff. You guys like rally sport as much as I do, and just good racing in general. I dunno shit about building cars, but I know makes and history, and I dont think any of you have ever been an asshole in any of my posts, so thats why I keep coming back.

But yeah, the new front page gave me that same feeling I had when I first saw an image of a PT Cruiser as Chyslers submission to retro-design.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.