Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The next Porsche 991 GT3?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
Matt_L
Had a bit of free time and tried to render how the next GT3 will look like! Do you think it's close to what we should expect?

speedyK
Nice work! Looks very tempting cool.gif

You're probably not far off, as I suppose they will have to stick a wing on it. The body is not radical enough to do away with the need for such appendages as the F458 Italia does.
Razor
Holy fucking hell you're good at 'chops.
Bjorn
My guess is that the MK. I will have the taco-wing, and the MK. II will have this style (based on the 996 and 997). Good chop though.
Matt_L
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Feb 8 2012, 11:31 PM) *
My guess is that the MK. I will have the taco-wing, and the MK. II will have this style (based on the 996 and 997). Good chop though.

Not so sure, unless this is the MK II in testing (which I doubt)

http://www.ps-garage.com/news/porsche-991-gt3-spotted
Bjorn
What? No taco wing!

They might be trying to keep up appearances, and trick people into thinking this is actually a MK. II 997 GT3.

How it looks is secondary to what engine they put in it IMHO.

Will it be the M64 block, or some development of the current 991 engine? My heart says M64, my brain says that Porsche got all they're gonna get with the GT3 RS 4.0, and the 991 GT3 is going to either have some version of the standard 911 block, or something seriously special.

I'm kinda hoping for the latter for the GT cars and the Turbo.
moe
The next GT3 may end up being PDK only.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 14 2012, 09:25 AM) *

That will NEVER happen. On the turbo model however it is extremely likely.
clarkma5
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 14 2012, 08:44 AM) *
That will NEVER happen. On the turbo model however it is extremely likely.

http://www.insideline.com/porsche/911/2013...arbox-only.html

August Achleitner, the 911 project chief, confirmed that Porsche's motorsport division is currently testing both manual and PDK versions of the new GT3. Only one transmission will ultimately be offered for sale, and Achleitner reckons the PDK is the favorite to get the nod.
speedyK
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 14 2012, 03:25 PM) *

For the road except in bad winter conditions a PDK is no hardship, I suppose. But for the track... well, I suppose Ferrari are showing the way with the F458...

I love the sweet manual box on my 997, but was just wondering this afternoon, as I flappy-paddled down the box in my Smart Roadster with ease and pleasure, if I should really consider a 7-speed manual 991 4S (if they offer that combo) over a PDK...

Perhaps the GT3 will end up manual only.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.