That is all.

Raspberry.gif
shandyman5
Is it a blacky? If so, SWEET!

If not... eh.
fiber optic
Very nice. thumbs_up.gif
OHirtenfelder
Just a regular C63 AMG Coupe. Oh, well, still a f*cktonne of fun to drive!!
moe
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 3 2012, 07:43 PM) *
Is it a blacky? If so, SWEET!

If not... eh.

It's pretty obvious it isn't a Black. Racist. tongue.gif
350Z
Well that looks like an amazing weekend.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 4 2012, 05:31 AM) *
It's pretty obvious it isn't a Black. Racist. tongue.gif

HAHAHA! Owned!
speedyK
Hmmm... the weather looks a little different over in Europe!

Currently about -11C here (those who still use Fahrenheit, that's about 12F) and I'm very glad of my 4S's 4wd.

Not washed it for ages not much point really
HKYStormFront
those things sound uhhhhmazing. very nice!
dukenukem
I hate you photographer people. you and that damn Easton showing off these sweet, sweet rides. tongue.gif

Enjoy it dude!
350Z
It's actually pretty amazing how tame this looks when compared to the black edition.
moe
Advertising has similar perks every now and then. I've had a 370Z since morning, and I don't have to give it back till tomorrow. Pix later biggrin.gif

It's SO awesome.
Bjorn
^I got a Fiesta and a Focus for a week.

Not the same.

Trying to work my way up the ladder so I can get fun cars.
moe
Forgot to take pictures, but might have the car tonight as well. Apparently we can just ask Nissan/Infiniti for cars and they'll lend them to us if there's a demo model/press car available. Wonder if this includes the GT-R...
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 13 2012, 05:23 AM) *
Advertising has similar perks every now and then. I've had a 370Z since morning, and I don't have to give it back till tomorrow. Pix later biggrin.gif

It's SO awesome.

Wow, I am surprised you like it. That car does nothing for me, and it is such an underwhelming performer at the track. It has recieved nothing but negative press for track duty, which for me is very important.
speedyK
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 14 2012, 06:54 AM) *
Apparently we can just ask Nissan/Infiniti for cars and they'll lend them to us if there's a demo model/press car available. Wonder if this includes the GT-R...

I think you'll like it if you try it as long as you don't have to do much tight town driving or parking.
Matt_L
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 14 2012, 01:45 PM) *
Wow, I am surprised you like it. That car does nothing for me, and it is such an underwhelming performer at the track. It has recieved nothing but negative press for track duty, which for me is very important.

When I was working at Auto123 we did a test on a race track between the following cars and I was part of it :

Mazda RX-8 R3
Dodge Challenger SRT-8
Chevrolet Camaro V6
Ford Mustang GT
Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
Nissan 370Z

Now I got 3-4 laps behind the wheel of each cars and the 370Z/RX-8 were the best for me. Actually, the 370z on top since it has more power and somewhat better braking performances (Brembo equipped). It is less agile than the RX-8, heavier and the chassis is not as good as the RX-8 but the car delivers on track. Considering the price, I don't know which RWD car would outperform the RX-8 and 370Z on the track... Maybe the Toyota GT-86.

I don't know about long term track usage as I didn't get to do complete 20mins session at multiple tracks + daily driving it for years...
shandyman5
QUOTE(Matt_L @ Feb 15 2012, 04:39 PM) *
When I was working at Auto123 we did a test on a race track between the following cars and I was part of it :

Mazda RX-8 R3
Dodge Challenger SRT-8
Chevrolet Camaro V6
Ford Mustang GT
Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
Nissan 370Z

Now I got 3-4 laps behind the wheel of each cars and the 370Z/RX-8 were the best for me. Actually, the 370z on top since it has more power and somewhat better braking performances (Brembo equipped). It is less agile than the RX-8, heavier and the chassis is not as good as the RX-8 but the car delivers on track. Considering the price, I don't know which RWD car would outperform the RX-8 and 370Z on the track... Maybe the Toyota GT-86.

I don't know about long term track usage as I didn't get to do complete 20mins session at multiple tracks + daily driving it for years...

If it was the most recent Mustang GT (2011 or newer 5.0 with Brembo package) it would slaughter any of those cars listed. Even more so if it was a Boss 302.
moe
So I woke up early today to pick up the 370Z for a shoot. I was told I could keep it the whole day. I later found out that there was also a Juke and a Patrol used for the shoot. I had no interest in the gargantuan Patrol, but was intrigued by the Juke. I've given the Z keys away to one of the new kids at work...I'll be driving the Juke tonight.
OHirtenfelder
Nice. Make sure you drive the Puke at night. Ugly as fuck, but when driving it at night, it feels like you are piloting the Nautilus! A cool experience.
OHirtenfelder
So, Moe? What did you think?
moe
I drove the CVT, non-turbo, FWD Juke. It was the worst configuration possible. I thought I'd at least get to play with the turbo, turns out I was wrong. It looks great, but other than that it was pretty terrible. The CVT drove me insane; normal mode was too slow, sport mode never seemed to change gear, and eco mode was dangerously slow (I truly mean that). The handling seemed...fake. You'd turn into a corner thinking, "Yeah, I've got this," and mid-corner you'd realize..."No, you don't." You'd be backing off the throttle and braking to avoid understeering into a barrier. The brakes seemed all right, until you hit that point where they really bite. I could never get use to them. They always seemed to go, "Braking, braking, sudden stop." They weren't progressive at all. Finally, the interior was pretty terrible. It felt cheap all over, and the center console looked dated already. The instrument cluster was nice, as was the transmission tunnel (with it's motorcycle inspired styling), but that was about it.

All-in-all, it was one of the most terrible driving experiences of my life. I don't think I've ever been so let-down in my life. I've been told the turbo, manual, FWD is a lot better, but I think it would only sort out one of the problems I had with the car. The worst part was after I drove it home, I had to wake up in the knowledge that I could easily have taken my own car to work, but I had to drive the Juke to return it. Then things got worse when I had to drive it to a client meeting which was in a completely different part of town. I should've kept the keys to the 370Z...or hell, even taken the keys for the new Patrol (at least it's super-luxurious).
moe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.