Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possibly the greatest ad of all times. Really
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
OHirtenfelder

This made me laugh so hard. Especially the fact that they could even say this, and state it as though it's a fact. Haha!!
moe
The guy that did this (can't remember his name) is considered an advertising genius. This along, with the rest of the VW print campaign in the US for that time period is considered one of the master works of advertising. It is really funny that they could state this as fact back then though.
OHirtenfelder
Have you got any idea who this guy is and/or where I can find more of his work, specifically the campaign you're talking about?
fiber optic
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Jan 25 2012, 02:43 AM) *
Have you got any idea who this guy is and/or where I can find more of his work, specifically the campaign you're talking about?

The Samba.com has a lot of old ads
HKYStormFront
lolz
Nike SB'd
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Jan 25 2012, 12:43 AM) *

The copywriter (person who comes up with the words) was Julian Koenig, and yes he is considered one of the greatest copywriters to have ever worked in advertising. The "think small" campaigns he did with VW were voted the #1 ad campaign of all time by Ad Age. He also invented Earth Day. Seriously.
shandyman5
Greatest ad ever.
moe
He also did Avis's "We're number two, so we try harder."
MaTBoY
hahaha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.