Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Aston wanted to build a midsize sedan...
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
moe
it would probably end up looking quite a bit like the new Ford Fusion, at least the face would.

The new Fusion (and Mondeo, remember this car is now part of the One Ford platform strategy), is a very handsome car IMO. There are also hybrid, and fully-electric models...I just couldn't be bothered to post all the photos.

All the details are at Autoblog.
Bjorn
The front looks kinda like a regression from the curent Mondeo/Fusion. Like someone sais "whoa, that's a bit too out there . . . dial it back a bit."

Throw a Toyota badge on there and no one would know the difference.
shandyman5
I love the looks of this Fusion and I love the Aston/Jag influence.
OHirtenfelder
Yeah, I wouldn't quite call it Aston-esque, but I see what you're saying. Tbh. the first thing that came to my mind was Lancer. I do think it's a handsome car, but I feel that straight cut headlight needs a little curvature to it. I'd drive it!
clarkma5
I'm torn...it looks nice, but it also looks like a big bar of soap. I think I prefer the current Fusion to this, it's more distinctive.
hybr1d
i was too lazy to google, but Ford Falcon/Fusion in Australia has a RWD platform? rite?
moe
^ Yes it does, and it has absolutely nothing to do with this.
dukenukem
Now if only Ford could make the Sync not the single most horrible thing about the car....
Bjorn
^agreed.

The two press fleet cars I've had (focus and fiesta) had sync, and it was awful.
350Z
Pretty logical progression of the last generation mondeo, they have always been good looking cars but I prefer the one that came before.

green73ta
I like the current Taurus and I really like this Fusion... and I'm not a Ford fan by any stretch. I would drive it.
shandyman5
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Jan 17 2012, 12:56 PM) *
Now if only Ford could make the Sync not the single most horrible thing about the car....

QUOTE(Bjorn @ Jan 17 2012, 02:11 PM) *
^agreed.

The two press fleet cars I've had (focus and fiesta) had sync, and it was awful.

the latest sync has been updated and is a lot better... In the next two to three weeks you should see a TSB update that allows for much faster speeds and allow a quasi-multitasking where it doesn't get hung up for giving it numerous commands.
Bjorn
The focus I had was a 2012 with the MyFord touch and it was still awful.

Apple or google need to design the UI, maybe then ICE can stop sucking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.