Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I missed it
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
fiber optic

Crappy cellphone picture

Yesterday my truck crested 111,111 miles. It occurred on my drive to work. I had every intention of getting a picture but I had a lot on my brain yesterday. The blower wheel on our furnace exploded (really, I'll get pictures of the old one) and I was trying to get a replacement that day so I could have it installed before bedtime. I installed the new wheel during a light snowfall right before it got much colder to be without heat.

Anyway I know these threads are lame.

There comes a time in any high mileage truck's life where certain parts need replaced. I have sourced around half of the parts I intend to replace and it will transform my truck quite a bit visually. Hopefully they will all be here before the holiday weekend and I can work on it.
Bjorn
You could always break out the black&decker and roll that sucker back a few miles.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Jan 13 2012, 01:53 PM) *
You could always break out the black&decker and roll that sucker back a few miles.

I'm not built for prison plus I had to drive to the south end of town to get the blower wheel so it's got quite a few more miles on it now. So I probably won't be doing that.
Bjorn
Bah. Odometer fraud, that's like low-security resort prison, not pound me in the ass prison. And it's a looooong way to 222,222.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Jan 14 2012, 04:23 AM) *
Bah. Odometer fraud, that's like low-security resort prison, not pound me in the ass prison. And it's a looooong way to 222,222.

The sad reality of it is I may not get to see 222,222. A single cab truck is about to be very inconvenient for me.
moe
^ But that's what the Mercury's for...right? Right? No? sad.gif
Bjorn
Or the Bug? I hear babies react really well to paraffin heaters (Don't know if you have those on US-bound bugs . . . my dad's had one)!
moe
Well, if you have to replace the truck, it'll be a Ford. We all know that. So why not one of these:

fiber optic
QUOTE(moe @ Jan 14 2012, 08:30 AM) *
^ But that's what the Mercury's for...right? Right? No? sad.gif

That's my weekend car. I drive my truck to work every day and sometimes need to take my daughter to or pick her up from school.
clarkma5
QUOTE(moe @ Jan 14 2012, 08:45 AM) *
Well, if you have to replace the truck, it'll be a Ford. We all know that. So why not one of these:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zAG5aFRwXSw/TNKT...-double-cab.jpg

Seconded, just be sure to reinforce the frame ASAP
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jan 14 2012, 02:37 PM) *
Seconded, just be sure to reinforce the frame ASAP

Or don't jump it at 100 mph.
clarkma5
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Jan 14 2012, 12:38 PM) *
Or don't jump it at 100 mph.

Then why buy a Raptor? whistle.gif
fiber optic
I don't think I could justify the expense of a Raptor over one of the regular crew cabs. I'm not even sure I could make use of a 4x4 without all the fun SVT stuff.

EDIT: And here's the blower wheel I replaced.

dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jan 14 2012, 02:41 PM) *
Then why buy a Raptor? whistle.gif

the same reason people buy sports cars and lifted 4x4. To park it in a parking lot and talk about racing/ rock crawling/ jumping at 100 mph.
fiber optic
Staying up for my parts delivery. I've never had them deliver this late before.

shandyman5
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Jan 14 2012, 01:52 PM) *
That's my weekend car. I drive my truck to work every day and sometimes need to take my daughter to or pick her up from school.

Does your job require you to use a pickup truck? I figured the Grand Marq qould be a better drive/more comfortable and get better mileage over your F-150.
fiber optic
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Jan 16 2012, 08:54 AM) *
Does your job require you to use a pickup truck? I figured the Grand Marq qould be a better drive/more comfortable and get better mileage over your F-150.

It is rare that I need to use my truck for work but the occasion does arise from time to time. The fuel economy on the grand marq is around 24mpg where my truck is 16mpg or so. The thing is that my daily round trip is only 15 miles so I'm not really burning a lot of fuel anyway. That and I don't care if the doors on my truck get thrashed with dings in the parking lot.
Bjorn

You're welcome.
fiber optic

I was wondering how the garage would feel with my truck in there. Well the opportunity presented itself so here it is. There's a ton of room around it. The astute observer will notice my redneck furniture and some furniture/decorations my wife wanted to paint. There's even a reasonable amount of room between the truck and the wall but it's hard to tell that from the photo.

While I love how the truck looks there are few benefits to it sitting like this.
Synesthesia
I missed 111,111 in my old car too, it goes by fast. biggrin.gif
fiber optic
You guys and your talk of Raptors.

The Ford dealer has a satellite location that is next door to an AutoZone. The main lot is across the street from one. Both are roughly the same distance from my house.

I am restoring my truck to it's original suspension. It's been too many laborious hours and too much money.

EDIT: Yes my paint looks like crap but I don't care.
Tracie
too bad you missed it , it would've been kind of cool
especially if it was on 11.11.2011.
smile.gif))
sephchu
hi everyone! how are you?

hi everyone! how are you ?
shandyman5
QUOTE(sephchu @ Jan 20 2012, 10:19 AM) *
hi everyone! how are you?

hi everyone! how are you ?

I'm good!

I'm good!

Spam-a-lama.
Aircooled
Lulz odometer fraud, my e30's odometer doesn't work. I really need to get another set of gears in it a little bit before inspection is due.
fiber optic
shandyman5
Is your truck originally sonic blue... man that baby has faded....

Why did you go back to OEM ride height, I am slightly confused.
fiber optic
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Jan 22 2012, 01:34 PM) *
Is your truck originally sonic blue... man that baby has faded....

Why did you go back to OEM ride height, I am slightly confused.

Originally black, that is a $50 paint job and I did get my money's worth.

Truck needed new ball joints so I replaced everything while I was at it.

I'll eventually put good paint on it and a stock grille.
moe
It looks MUCH better at stock ride height. Stock grille will improve it too. Basically I'm trashing your mods you ricer.
moe
Also, just in case you haven't heard. The Raptor is THE truck of choice for people that have absolutely no interest, use for, or knowledge about trucks.
fiber optic
QUOTE(moe @ Jan 23 2012, 12:26 AM) *
It looks MUCH better at stock ride height. Stock grille will improve it too. Basically I'm trashing your mods you ricer.

They were both on the truck when I got it. Sure it looked good but the grille doesn't add any benefit and the low suspension rode like a tractor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.