Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Say hello to the '13 Boxster
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
moe

10hp more for the standard Boxster, and 5 more horses for the S. Apparently the styling was influenced by the Carrera GT, and I think this is one of the most beautiful road-going Porsches ever built. I will definitely be saving up for this once I'm done paying for my apartment.

Some performance figures:

Fuel consumption for the Porsche Boxster with PDK is 7.7 l/100 km (36.7 mpg imp), and 8.0 l/100 km (35.3 mpg imp) for the Boxster S. With gear changes achieved without interruption to the flow of power, the Boxster sprints from 0-100 km/h (0-62mph) in 5.7 sec, the Boxster S in just 5.0 sec.

The rest of the press release is on NetCarShow, and has details on launch details and prices for respective markets.
Bjorn
front and sides are great. The back is really fussy for a German car. Looks almost Korean.

Spoiler looks like an afterthought.
clarkma5
Just like the 991, it's bigger, wider, and has a longer wheelbase than its predecessor while weighing less and has more power from smaller engines with greater fuel efficiency. Unlike the 991, they've REALLY held the prices in line despite the improvements.

I was skeptical about the size increase until I read that the development of the 997 GT3 race car has basically hit a wall due to the limitations of its shorter wheelbase and narrower front track, hence the 991's dimensional changes, and the same philosophy will apply to the Boxster.

As for the looks, I love it all around though the front end is a bit too smiley for my tastes. Also the interior seems a bit formal for a sports car but otherwise looks like a lovely place to operate. All in all it's great, and this makes me realize that at 16 years the Boxster is now the third longest-lived model in Porsche's history after the 911 and 928 (and if you want to count the 924/944/968 as one model, then it's fourth longest-lived) and I think it has really earned its place as a legitimate Porsche.
Synesthesia
Wow, I think this is the best-looking Boxster yet, a significant step up! Typical awesomeness from Porsche engineering too, I'm sold.
Razor
What happened to that awesome rear deck design that leaked a few months ago? I thought that was so good... why didn't they use it?

EDIT: I guess they did, it just looks like shit in this color. The silver/red combo was FAR more attractive.
shandyman5
Love it!
clarkma5
QUOTE(Razor @ Jan 13 2012, 10:07 AM) *
EDIT: I guess they did, it just looks like shit in this color. The silver/red combo was FAR more attractive.

Yeah I don't care much for these colors, the brown in particular.
moe
QUOTE(Razor @ Jan 13 2012, 10:07 PM) *
What happened to that awesome rear deck design that leaked a few months ago? I thought that was so good... why didn't they use it?

I was too lazy to post pictures from the Porsche site. But check out the Boxster S photos they have up. It looks absolutely jaw-dropping. It's my wallpaper on my iPad and iPhone right now.
Aircooled
7MT or or BUST!
clarkma5
Oh man that Silver/Red Boxster S...mmmm dat ass cool.gif

http://files.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/no...l&version=1
UserDrew
Bjorn
I don't know, maybe I'm just being too picky, but even in silver the chrome swath across the rear lights looks like a last-minute addition. Chrome belongs on SLKs and TTs. Not so much on Boxsters.

It's like someone was done drawing it, walked away, and then came back for one last pen-stroke.

Like most modern cars though, I probably just need to see it in person. I don't know why, but I don't think modern cars photograph well.
moe
I don't think that's chrome. I believe that's actually the white of the reverse lights. I personally it's a slick-looking way of integrating the rear spoiler into the car.
Bjorn
^I think you're right.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Jan 14 2012, 05:15 AM) *
I don't know, maybe I'm just being too picky, but even in silver the chrome swath across the rear lights looks like a last-minute addition. Chrome belongs on SLKs and TTs. Not so much on Boxsters.

It's like someone was done drawing it, walked away, and then came back for one last pen-stroke.

Like most modern cars though, I probably just need to see it in person. I don't know why, but I don't think modern cars photograph well.

Those are indeed the reverse lights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.