Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Airline question
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Bjorn
The wife, kids and I are going on a mega-cheap vacation to Florida. We're staying with my snowbird parents, and flying Allegiant.

I was wondering if anyone has flown Allegiant with kids, and knows anything about their "gate check" policy in regards to car seats.

My 3 year-old will be sitting in her car seat, but my 6 month old will be on my wife's lap. I don't much feel like paying $70 to check her seat, and was wondering if "gate checking" child seats was free. The website is kinda vague on this.
Razor
Dammit, it's more about the carseat than the actual kids.

I wanted to suggest the "put them in overhead storage" idea. Oh well.
dukenukem
From their website

Can I take a stroller and car seat in at the gate?
Each fare-paying passenger is allowed to take a stroller or a car seat to the boarding area. The stroller or car seat can also be checked at the time of check-in. If the stroller or car seat is taken to the gate, it will be "Gate Checked". This means that it will be stowed in the cargo hold of the aircraft and can then be picked up at gate side upon reaching the aircraft's final destination.

http://faq.allegiantair.com/faq/#t11n95
Bjorn
^Yeah, I read that. I guess I was just wondering if it's a huge pain in the ass.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Dec 22 2011, 09:04 AM) *
^Yeah, I read that. I guess I was just wondering if it's a huge pain in the ass.

Not beyond having to transport them through the terminal.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Dec 22 2011, 09:04 AM) *

Traveling with kids is a pain in the ass regardless of what airline you are traveling on and how much luggage you are carrying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.