Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Pick up the Galaxy Nexus?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Von Z
It's seriously awesome. Blazing fast and buttery smooth. Who else scooped one up?
HKYStormFront
yup i got one thursday too. i was having problems with my bionic and they actually (to my amazement) gave me a full refund (at a store i didn't buy the bionic at) for my old phone and i just paid the difference to get the nexus. i'm LOVING it so far. it is an awesome phone and the screen is fantastic!
Von Z
Yea... the screen does have some pretty aggressive auto-brightness, most likely to conserve battery, but when it's set to full brightness it is second to none. Just gorgeous.

Battery life isn't as horrible as I thought it would be, but I'm not in a 4g area so I can't speak about that.
HKYStormFront
yea same here i turned off the 4G radio. i also got the "extended life battery" the 2nd day i had it. my local store had them marked down from $50 to $25 so i jumped on it. actually improves the phone imo, it's just flat on the back instead of curving in, adds a bit of weight at the bottom so that it feels easier to handle as it wants to stay in your hand better and came with the same texture/design backplate as the phone had stock so it looks the same. i used my phone a lot yesterday and only took it down to 50% or so
b0mb3r
QUOTE(HKYStormFront @ Dec 19 2011, 06:34 AM) *
yea same here i turned off the 4G radio. i also got the "extended life battery" the 2nd day i had it. my local store had them marked down from $50 to $25 so i jumped on it. actually improves the phone imo, it's just flat on the back instead of curving in, adds a bit of weight at the bottom so that it feels easier to handle as it wants to stay in your hand better and came with the same texture/design backplate as the phone had stock so it looks the same. i used my phone a lot yesterday and only took it down to 50% or so

yup I got mine a week ago... pleasantly surprised so far. My old droid x was rooted and modded but I do not see a need to do the same with this one. The battery life is a bit weak, but with extended life and 4G turned off it can easily go a day with a lot of use. I just wish the car dock was a little bit better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.