Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F1 2012 Drivers
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
tune
As drivers are confirmed, I'll update this list to reflect the grid for next season. Although there are only 2 seats remaining unless someone is bought out of their contract!

Red Bull
Sebastien Vettel
Mark Webber

McLaren
Lewis Hamilton
Jenson Button

Ferrari
Fernando Alonso
Felipe Massa

Mercedes
Nico Rosberg
Michael Schumacher

Lotus
Kimi Raikkonen
Romain Grosjean

Sahara Force India
Paul Di Resta
Nico Hulkenberg

Squadra Toro Rosso
Jean Eric Vergne
Daniel Ricciardo

Sauber
Kamui Kobayashi
Sergio Perez

Williams
Pastor Maldonado
Bruno Senna

Caterham
Heikki Kovalainen
Vitaly Petrov

HRT
Pedro de la Rosa
Narain Kathikeyan

Marussia Virgin Racing
Timo Glock
Charles Pic
clarkma5
So we got two official spots left, one at Williams and one at HRT (and I really feel like Trulli should lose his Caterham race drive, he's over the hill), and a ton of good drivers with F1 experience on the market. Just a list off the top of my head:

Sutil
Liuzzi
Petrov
Senna
Heidfeld
Buemi
Alguersuari
Barrichello
Chandhok

And of course there's Kubica if he's in shape to come back this year, along with D'Ambrosio, Karthikeyan, and some others who have F1 experience but IMO aren't likely to get picked back up anytime soon. Then that list easily triples with the addition of capable rookies from feeder series like Bianchi, Turvey, etc. etc. etc.
skr
I have a gut feeling Sutil will be a Williams driver.. Unless they resign Barrichello.
tune
I should think Sutil would be no.1 contender for the Willies seat. Alguesuari for HRT? All Spanish line up in a Spanish team?
nanosilver13
Red Bull
Sebastien Vettel
Mark Webber

thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

ผลบอล-sbobet-คาสิโนออนไลน์-gclub
skr
Senna gets William's second seat!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97056

Bruno Senna will drive the second Williams car during the 2012 Formula 1 season, as the team from Grove finally announced who will partner Pastor Maldonado.

Senna, the nephew of three-time world champion Ayrton, made his grand prix debut with the Hispania team back in 2010, but could not secure a seat for the start of the 2011 season.

He eventually replaced Nick Heidfeld at the Renault team from last year's Belgian Grand Prix, but the team decided to hire Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean for the 2012 season. Senna managed two points in eight races during 2011.

After months of speculation, Williams confirmed on Tuesday that the 28-year-old Brazilian will race alongside Maldonado this year.

Senna will make his debut with the team on February 9th at Jerez during the first test of the year.

"Bruno only started racing when he was 20 years old but quickly proved his talent in F3 and GP2," said Frank Williams.

"In a tightly fought 2008 GP2 season, Bruno finished second in the Championship with notable victories in Monaco and Silverstone, the latter in the wet. The circumstances of Bruno's two seasons in Formula 1 have not given him an ideal opportunity to deliver consistently so it was essential that we spent as much time with him as possible to understand and evaluate him as a driver.

"We have done this both on track and in our simulator and he has proven quick, technically insightful and above all capable of learning and applying his learning quickly and consistently. Now we are looking forward to seeing that talent in our race car."

Senna added: "I feel very privileged that Williams has selected me as one of their race drivers. The team has a great heritage and I hope I can help write a good chapter in their history. The evaluation process has been intense and methodical but the time I have spent in the factory has demonstrated that the team has great people and all the resources needed to achieve better things this season.

"It will be very interesting to drive for a team that my uncle has driven for, particularly as quite a few of the people here actually worked with Ayrton. Hopefully we can bring back some memories and create some great new ones too.

"I also want to get some good results in return for the support my country has given me to help get me to this position today. I am very proud to be Brazilian and more motivated than ever to demonstrate what I can do. Ever since I first sat in a go-kart I never wanted to do anything else."

The move means Rubens Barrichello looks set to be absent from Formula 1 for the first time in 20 years.

The Brazilian said on Twitter after the announcement that his "future is wide open".

Now this leaves me wondering where Sutil will be. Could his recent legal battles hinder his opportunities to land a drive? I highly doubt a person with that much proven experience will settle for an HRT seat unless HRT was willing to pay him handsomely for his development.
clarkma5
Honestly I think Sutil's not going to be on the grid in 2012 at this point. He's a good driver, I really like him, but he's not one of the greats and he's had several seasons to have a crack at it now. I suspect he'll move on to a different formula.
tune
I agree, I almost think he would turn down a reserve driver position anywhere too seeing as the top teams have their reserves all sorted anyway. DTM perhaps?
tune
Petrov has replaced Trulli for the forthcoming season, after months of speculation.

F1Fanatic
clarkma5
I think that's good. I like Petrov and definitely think Trulli stuck around for a few seasons too long.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.