Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toro Rosso dumps Buemi & Alguersuari
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
clarkma5
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96745

QUOTE(Franz Tost)
I must also thank Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari for all their hard work over the past three seasons," added Tost.

"They have delivered some excellent performances which have helped the team move forward and develop. We wish them well for the future.

"However, one has to remember that when Scuderia Toro Rosso was established in 2005, it was done so with the intention of providing a first step into Formula 1 for the youngsters in the Red Bull Junior Driver programme.

"It is therefore part of the team's culture to change its driver line-up from time to time in order to achieve this goal.

Ricciardo and Vergne seem like really strong talent, but I gotta say Buemi and Alguersuari were very capable drivers and are probably going to be tainted for the rest of their careers by being dumped like this. What do you think, should STR be more loyal to its employees or is it really important for them to follow through on the philosophy of being a junior team? Is it really appropriate for there to even be junior teams in F1?
skr
I would imagine any F1 team's ambition is to be able to develop into a winning team. I think it's a very noble thing for the young drivers as well as the sport to have a philosophy to nurture the up and commers, but if the team wants to move up in the race for points and wins, I think dumping good experienced drivers for young ones is a little counter productive. Their philosophy will most definitely change once they start consistently scoring more points like a Force India or Renault.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.