Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCOTY 2012
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
moe
So DSCOTY 2011 was a massive failure. However, I have two free weeks coming up (kind of on a mandatory vacation between jobs). I'll have plenty of free time on my hands, and don't mind putting it together again. Is anyone interested, or is DS that dead?
350Z
Got your back if you need any help.
Bjorn
I'll join in.
moe
Cool, I'll probably get to work on Friday or Saturday.
dukenukem
QUOTE(moe @ Dec 13 2011, 10:54 AM) *
Cool, I'll probably get to work on Friday or Saturday.

Slacker.
shandyman5
I will help... Me and Razor between our two schedules just couldnt get enough time to get it done....
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Dec 13 2011, 03:52 PM) *
I will help... Me and Razor between our two schedules just couldnt get enough time to get it done....

Even less time this year. Just scored one hell of an awesome job for January... Full time UX/UI design for a well-funded, fledgling startup.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Dec 13 2011, 04:02 PM) *
Even less time this year. Just scored one hell of an awesome job for January... Full time UX/UI design for a well-funded, fledgling startup.

Congrats, buddy! Can you name who it is?

You and me have things that always come together at the same time, I just got an offer from Ford Motor Co. for the summer but it is in Detroit. I am aiting to hear back from Volvo of America and BMW of America.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Dec 13 2011, 04:57 PM) *

You and me have things that always come together at the same time, I just got an offer from Ford Motor Co. for the summer but it is in Detroit. I am aiting to hear back from Volvo of America and BMW of America.

It's a startup currently 4 people big that has no official name but is very well funded by a grant from the Chilean government (they want Santiago to be the Silicon Valley of South America and are doing pretty well so far). There's nothing quite like being on the cutting edge in this industry!

Sounds like you've got some good stuff lined up as well. Which is your first choice?
moe
QUOTE(Razor @ Dec 14 2011, 02:00 AM) *
It's a startup currently 4 people big that has no official name but is very well funded by a grant from the Chilean government (they want Santiago to be the Silicon Valley of South America and are doing pretty well so far). There's nothing quite like being on the cutting edge in this industry!

Sounds like you've got some good stuff lined up as well. Which is your first choice?

Kedar Iyer? A friend of mine from here got one of those grants, if you were working with him, it'd be the smallest world ever.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Dec 14 2011, 01:44 AM) *
Kedar Iyer? A friend of mine from here got one of those grants, if you were working with him, it'd be the smallest world ever.

No, unfortunately not... haha, that would have been unreal though.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Dec 13 2011, 04:57 PM) *

Detroit? Sounds like my neck of the woods. What's the position?
shandyman5
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Dec 14 2011, 11:52 PM) *
Detroit? Sounds like my neck of the woods. What's the position?

Shit I wrote Detroit, I meant Dearborn.

If you don't mind me asking where in MI are you from?

My roommate lives in Ada but has an apartment in Grand Rapids. I visited him last summer. We went to the Silver Lake dunes as well, what a blast that was.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Dec 15 2011, 12:05 AM) *
Shit I wrote Detroit, I meant Dearborn.

If you don't mind me asking where in MI are you from?

My roommate lives in Ada but has an apartment in Grand Rapids. I visited him last summer. We went to the Silver Lake dunes as well, what a blast that was.

Bloomfield Hills/Troy area, to the north. Dearborn/Detroit, same difference. Regardless, if you take the position, I'd look for an apt outside of Dearborn.
moe
List is done, and I'm quite pleased with it. If there's enough competition to get excited about in the minivan segment, it's a good year. 350, dm me your email address, and I'll send you the list. I need some help compiling specs.
350Z
Sent
dukenukem
bump
moe
^ List is ready, in the process of collecting information. Just need a little more free time, because I started a new job a few days back.
350Z
You get my PM Moe?
moe
Yeah got it man. I'll send you my list, hopefully we can divide up the work getting photos and info together.
dukenukem
Bump
moe
Going to bed now, if I find tomorrow, I'm emailing the list to all those that offered to help out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.