Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chris Harris leaves EVO
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
moe
So Monkey Harris is leaving EVO for...Pistonheads?! I'm a bit shocked honestly, as he's one of my absolute favorite motoring journalists, and EVO's my favorite publication.

Now the thing is, will I be renewing my subscription to EVO next year? Probably, Meaden and Barker are still absolutely brilliant writers.
Bjorn
I too love Harris, but I wonder if he's difficult to get on with (I could see that). He seems to be bouncing around a lot. That or he's independently wealthy (which I think he is, to some extent) and just gets bored.

GT Porsche magazine to Drivers Republic, to Autocar to EVO . . . now to Piston Heads.
OHirtenfelder
I have no idea what a journo earns in the UK, but to be able to afford a GT3 RS 4.0...holy cow man!!
dukenukem
Does he still act like a wannabe Clarkson?
shandyman5
I have never read EVO so I say... Who cares?
Bjorn
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Dec 13 2011, 10:57 AM) *
Does he still act like a wannabe Clarkson?

I never thought he acted like Clarkson . . . what specifically do you mean?

QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Dec 13 2011, 02:52 PM) *
I have never read EVO so I say... Who cares?

If you like cars you should read EVO. No American car magazine comes close IMHO. Sports Car International did to some extent, but Jay Lamm's personality started creeping in more and more in the later years (oddly when he had the least to do with it), and it started to kinda suck.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Dec 13 2011, 02:55 PM) *
I never thought he acted like Clarkson . . . what specifically do you mean?

If you like cars you should read EVO. No American car magazine comes close IMHO. Sports Car International did to some extent, but Jay Lamm's personality started creeping in more and more in the later years (oddly when he had the least to do with it), and it started to kinda suck.

BORKED

I final almost all of his videos annoying.
Nike SB'd
I wouldn't worry too much about it, he regularly contributes to other books anyway (even when he was still at EVO) so I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop in and out of EVO on a regular basis. If anything you can now read an even less restrained Monkey Harris, for free.
moe
SwissWhiskey
Arg...

Sad to leave EVO after just over 2 years. Dream come true to have my name in the world's best car mag. Thanks to Nick and the team...." - @Harrismonkey via Twitter

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.