Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best-looking BMW sedan ever?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
moe
I think the 6-series Gran Coupe is absolutely gorgeous.

Asher
It's pretty spectacular.
SwissWhiskey
Best? No.
Good looking? Hell yea.
Love at first sight? Unlike recent beemers, Yes!

I hope its not as catastrophic to drive as the new 5. Also would be nice if they stick that body on the m5 chassis and add all the toys.
John Potts
The way I saw the previous generation 6 series, they looked like a sportier version of the 5 series and not so "business class" looking. This one looks more like a 7 than a 6 with a facelift.
clarkma5
Yeah I was gonna say this is looks like a 5 with the front and back off of a 6...but the 5 looks like a 7. But it looks good, sure.
OHirtenfelder
You sir are wrong! This is the best looking BMW sedan ever:

Full. Stop.
moe
^ You sir, win. I admit defeat.
shandyman5
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Dec 12 2011, 08:09 AM) *
You sir are wrong! This is the best looking BMW sedan ever:

Full. Stop.

As a guy who got to be in this car for almost three years. (My Dad owned one, first one sold in the US!) It was an awesome car. I loved the look of it. However, I do feel the design while gorgeous is looking dated. The new six series 4-door coupe is stunning, and very easily could be BMW's most gorgeous sedan ever now.
Bjorn
I have yet to see a new 6 in person, and will withhold final judgment until then, but I don't like the noses of modern BMWs.

They look OK from far away, but up close (a couple of metres) they look really huge, and overly upright. The new 7 and 5 are alright looking from any angle that doesn't include the front . . . the front is tragic.
Von Z
That six looks like an Aston rip-off. I'll go with that M5.
Diesel
no.. do not like the gran coupe. much prefer the 740il

dukenukem

The list of cars that look better than the 6 series.
The E39 M5
The new M5
the 7 series from James bond movies
moe
The E39 M5 is definitely better-looking, not sure how I missed that. The E38 7-series runs it close, but not quite.

Also, the new 6 is starting to get quite popular here, and I have to say, I think it's a very attractive shape from all angles.
OHirtenfelder
As a guy who got to be in this car for almost three years. (My Dad owned one, first one sold in the US!) It was an awesome car. I loved the look of it. However, I do feel the design while gorgeous is looking dated. The new six series 4-door coupe is stunning, and very easily could be BMW's most gorgeous sedan ever now.

If we are looking at what is the 'best looking sedan EVER', we can't really take 'aging' or 'dating' into account. Ever means that it spans the timelines. I have to agree that the E39 5series is looking older, but that's because it is older. It's a car that carries itself well, has fantastic sedan proportions and is not overly fussy.
When I first saw this new 6 yesterday, I thought "Wow, stunning" but the more I look at it, the more I am starting to notice cluttering and superfluous lines. Especially the flanks, just behind the wheel arches...just too much going on there.
Aircooled
I think a properly modded e30, e28, etc 80s bmw sedan looks pretty good. But this guy ain't bad.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Dec 13 2011, 07:50 PM) *
e28

Konrad Janicki
the grand coupe still looks better then the normal 6 series, they made it longer and now it has a better side line smile.gif
HKYStormFront
that is a damn sexy car, i still gotta say the E39 M5 is my fav bmw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.