Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPS Recomendation
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Aircooled
So I'm between the Germin nuvi 50lm and Tom Tom VIA 1505. They both have lifetime map upgrades and have a 5" screen. I've used both Garmins and Tom Tom's before and they are both decent. Anyone have a reason to go for one or the other?
shandyman5
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Nov 6 2011, 08:09 PM) *
So I'm between the Germin nuvi 50lm and Tom Tom VIA 1505. They both have lifetime map upgrades and have a 5" screen. I've used both Garmins and Tom Tom's before and they are both decent. Anyone have a reason to go for one or the other?

Garmin not even a question.
Asher
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Nov 6 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Garmin not even a question.

+1. Interface and algorithms are better in my experience.
Razor
<BuzzKillington>Has anyone ever explained to you how the pathing algorithm for mapping a route works? I will tell you, it's of an edgy variety. </BuzzKillington>

If anyone understands that, I'll have your babies and buy you beer for life.

EDIT: Wikipedia-ing it doesn't count. That's for poseurs.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Asher @ Nov 6 2011, 11:45 PM) *
+1. Interface and algorithms are better in my experience.

Agreed!

Asher, what is that in your avatar?

QUOTE(Razor @ Nov 7 2011, 02:08 AM) *
<BuzzKillington>Has anyone ever explained to you how the pathing algorithm for mapping a route works? I will tell you, it's of an edgy variety. </BuzzKillington>

The noobness that lives in the dirty does not know what that means. I am not gonna Wikipedia, but care to explain?
Asher
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Nov 7 2011, 09:33 AM) *
Agreed!

Asher, what is that in your avatar?

Its this from this.
Aircooled
Love vintage cameras
DB9
QUOTE(Razor @ Nov 7 2011, 02:08 AM) *

I've had to do something like this where you follow lines or "streets" to get to a destination. Can't remember how I did it now. It probably isn't what you're talking about, however.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.