Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miata RS anyone?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
Bjorn
I want this badly . . .

So long as they also fix the stupidly close ratios in the gearbox.
MustangAficionado
Haha gear ratios so true.
shandyman5
They really need to come out with a Mazdaspeed Miata first... It is ridiculous that they haven't come out with one yet.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Nov 2 2011, 05:20 PM) *
They really need to come out with a Mazdaspeed Miata first... It is ridiculous that they haven't come out with one yet.

They have, it was turbo charged.
clarkma5
I think he means for the NC/ND Miata.
DB9
This thing looks badass
shandyman5
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Nov 2 2011, 08:56 PM) *
They have, it was turbo charged.

I am talking about how the current generation needs one.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Nov 3 2011, 11:02 AM) *
I am talking about how the current generation needs one.

So basically the MS-3 engine?
Bjorn
I would rather have the standard 170 bhp engine in a sub-1,000 kg Miata than one with to much power.
clarkma5
While the ND is pretty nice (never was an NC fan), I'm really looking forward to the NE...1.6 sky-G with about 150-160 HP and ~2200-2300 pounds. Sign me the fuck up for that!
shandyman5
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Nov 3 2011, 10:05 PM) *
So basically the MS-3 engine?

Yes, lol.

QUOTE(Bjorn @ Nov 4 2011, 08:53 AM) *
I would rather have the standard 170 bhp engine in a sub-1,000 kg Miata than one with to much power.

Have you ever tasted da powa? We know you haven't experienced torque rotary boy.... Raspberry.gif
Bjorn
I like power, but I think modern cars have far too much of it.

Given the choice to add lightness or power, I'll choose the one that improves handling, fuel economy and lap times.

F10 M5 is a perfect example. They felt a need (probably under pressure from the marketing department) to increase the power figures instead of decreasing the weight. As a result every road test I have read says: "Great car, but it feels too heavy."

moe
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Nov 5 2011, 01:50 AM) *
I like power, but I think modern cars have far too much of it.

Given the choice to add lightness or power, I'll choose the one that improves handling, fuel economy and lap times.

F10 M5 is a perfect example. They felt a need (probably under pressure from the marketing department) to increase the power figures instead of decreasing the weight. As a result every road test I have read says: "Great car, but it feels too heavy."

QFT. My dad just bought a 3.5 V6 Accord, and despite having nearly 100hp more than my 207, it isn't any faster or any more fun to drive. Apples and oranges I know, but the current Accord is probably the best example of a car getting much larger and much more powerful than it needs to be.

Also, I love this Miata. I'd rather Mazda build a stripped-down version than a more powerful version
dukenukem
It would be so much nicer if it came with a decent hardtop.
John Potts
^+1, I like everything but the top on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.