Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restored the Mazda 3 headlights
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Cyclone
Before

During

After

Made a huge difference in night visibility.
fiber optic
I did the lenses on my truck a few months back.

I bought the Turtle Wax kit because it was only 8 dollars. I think you could get the same results with maybe 600, 800, 1500 sandpaper and some soapy water. Oh well it looks much nicer. I don't drive my truck enough at night to appreciate any difference.
DreiLessons
Looks good, what'd you use for that?
dukenukem
Anyone used this stuff?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wc..._T|GRP2074_____

It has very good reviews on that website plus it comes with a sealant so the headlights dont fog over again.
fiber optic
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Oct 29 2011, 11:10 PM) *
Anyone used this stuff?

It has very good reviews on that website plus it comes with a sealant so the headlights dont fog over again.

This is the kit I bought and it had sealant wipes in it as well. I didn't bother using them because the truck is 14 years old and wasn't very bad. They took a lot of liberties with the 'before' and 'after' part of the photo but I was satisfied with the results.
DreiLessons
Don't even bother buying a kit in all honesty, just buy some 800 and 1200 grit wetsand sand paper, and a plastic sealant and do it yourself. If anyone wants a how-to, lemme know.
fiber optic
QUOTE(DreiLessons @ Oct 30 2011, 04:02 PM) *
Don't even bother buying a kit in all honesty, just buy some 800 and 1200 grit wetsand sand paper, and a plastic sealant and do it yourself. If anyone wants a how-to, lemme know.

This is what I'd do if I were doing it again. I'd use 3 or 4 stages of wetsanding with some soapy water.
shandyman5
Looks good Cyclone!

I have heard just using sandpaper works wonders as well.
Aircooled
Used the Meguairs Kit on my parents Prius. It literally took more time to apply the tape than to actually work the plastic. I was damn impressed. I used the Turtlewax kit on the Jetta and spent at least 40 minutes wet sanding.

DreiLessons
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Oct 30 2011, 03:14 PM) *
Looks good Cyclone!

I have heard just using sandpaper works wonders as well.

I wet sanded my headlights like a month or so ago, and they still look brand new...If you're thinkin of doing it, i'd reccomend wetsanding over buying a kit any day, it'll be a looot cheaper. I did a 2 stage, and it left my headlights looking a little scratched from certain angles, but you have to be looking for imperfections to notice it, it doesn't stand out at all. Very fine grit sand paper, dish soap mixed with water, and a sealer will do a perfectly fine job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.