Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need your opinions
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Diesel
My work is considering selling this watc for ~$175. Would you buy a watch like this USB storage? it's just a standard watch (sorta heavy, looks to be pretty decent quality) that has 128, 64, or 32 MB USb storage built in.

I need your honest opinion, would you consider buying something like this? if no, why not?

NorthPoint
Personally I wouldn't buy it. My initial reaction was "Neat idea, why would anyone want this?".

1. You obviously need to carry a cable around with it.
2. I feel like I was conducting industrial espionage.
3. What's the point? I can't imagine any time I would possibly need it.
clarkma5
I never need to transport files that are small enough to fit in 128 megs...
gotvenm
I wouldnt buy one. Just because I already have one of those small usb stick hd's

ThinkGeeks watch is better IMHO, its cable is built in... ?
5LiterMustang
im sure people would buy it, but after looking at "ThinkGeeks", the price seems a bit high

even though yours looks like its higher quality, theirs stores more and is cheaper. so... i dunno.
fiber optic
I paid $225 for this after tax and warranty with no USB storage ability. I think I would just rather go with one of the regular keychain style ones that doesn't pretend to be a watch rather than buy another time piece.

Otherwise I might pay $175 for that one if it had the 128MB
rio
Combined ideas like that are sort of neat at first, but then Mr. Consumer realizes that he wants to upgrade either his watch or his memory stick, and so now has to replace both together. For instance, I like my current watch, so if I were looking for a USB mem stick, this is not the one I'd pick.
RedLine
Things are getting to colpex these days. All I want is a plain old simple cell phone, not one with a camera, game station, ect. sad.gif
rio
QUOTE(CarZOne @ Oct 6 2003, 10:00 PM)
Things are getting to colpex these days. All I want is a plain old simple cell phone, not one with a camera, game station, ect. sad.gif

Actually the cell with the camera is pretty cool. Its by no means a replacement for a normal digital camera, but its _super_ portable, and you can email the photos to yourself or your friends. I thought it was stupid before, but then one of my friends got one.
fallon
i might buy it if it had 256mb+ for same price
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.