Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Forza 4 Demo Thread
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2
Razor
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Kazunori Yamauchi should just an hero. This is the final nail in the GT series' coffin.

The physics are bang-on. With all aids off, it's as real as anything I've ever played. Close to iRacing. I'm dead serious.

AND the menu music sounds like the Mass Effect map music. How can it get any better? Oh, yeah, this is just the demo.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 8 2011, 02:34 PM) *
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Kazunori Yamauchi should just an hero. This is the final nail in the GT series' coffin.

The physics are bang-on. With all aids off, it's as real as anything I've ever played. Close to iRacing. I'm dead serious.

AND the menu music sounds like the Mass Effect map music. How can it get any better? Oh, yeah, this is just the demo.

It would get better if there were some fucking Porsche's in the game. Does Forza 4 actually do things like raise spoilers and stuff like PGR2 used to do?
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Oct 8 2011, 04:40 PM) *
It would get better if there were some fucking Porsche's in the game.

Blame Porsche then; it's entirely their fault. They signed a fucking indefinite-length contract with EA (who publishes the NFS series), and EA can dole out sublicenses as they please. They decided that since F3 did better than NFS: Shift and Shift 2, that they'd be butthurt and not allow Turn 10 to use Porsche's branding and cars.

QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Oct 8 2011, 04:40 PM) *
Does Forza 4 actually do things like raise spoilers and stuff like PGR2 used to do?

Yeah, actually. I watched the spoiler raise and lower on a SL63 Black Series through a turn during one of the races I did.
Cyclone
My ex stole the 360 so I'm fucked
fiber optic
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Oct 8 2011, 09:39 PM) *

<Unfriends Cyclone> or <Sends hostile messages to Cyclone's account>
Bjorn

There was a Judge Judy about that.
DB9
Sweet demo, didn't realize the game came out so soon! I hate being on a college budget though dry.gif
Razor
QUOTE(DB9 @ Oct 9 2011, 02:37 PM) *
Sweet demo, didn't realize the game came out so soon! I hate being on a college budget though dry.gif

Likewise. The good news is my "budget" now has half the costs as what it used to, so more money for Jäger and Forza. \o/
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 9 2011, 02:48 PM) *
Likewise. The good news is my "budget" now has half the costs as what it used to, so more money for Jäger and Forza. \o/

Oh, the perks of being single. Raspberry.gif
DB9
As good as it is though, I feel like it isn't a new game, per se. A very similar feel. Graphics look nicer, there are some new cars, but overall it seems like the same. I hear there are a lot of similar tracks too. Too bad they couldn't have made this a $30, hell even a $40, upgrade instead of selling it as a new $60 dollar game.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Oct 9 2011, 07:40 PM) *
Oh, the perks of being single. Raspberry.gif

Yeah, the only ones. sad.gif
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 9 2011, 08:45 PM) *
Yeah, the only ones. sad.gif

Ha ha well that and the freedom to mount bitches at will.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Oct 9 2011, 09:04 PM) *
Ha ha well that and the freedom to mount bitches at will.

True, but to me, that's just not as satisfying.

How did this thread go in this direction? lulz.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 9 2011, 10:16 PM) *
True, but to me, that's just not as satisfying.

How did this thread go in this direction? lulz.

Cause your a dirty thinking whore... Wait, that may have been me that was thinking like that to turn it in this direction.... Raspberry.gif
clarkma5
Played through it. Physics are great, very natural if a little too forgiving at hard difficulty, graphics look dandy. I feel like the AI got a lot stupider compared to 3 but admittedly I just played with AI difficulty set to "easy" because I was focusing on other aspects of the game.
dukenukem

Punch her in the vagina.
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 10 2011, 02:08 AM) *
Played through it. Physics are great, very natural if a little too forgiving at hard difficulty, graphics look dandy. I feel like the AI got a lot stupider compared to 3 but admittedly I just played with AI difficulty set to "easy" because I was focusing on other aspects of the game.

Try them on "Hard." Seriously. Then try to pass.
clarkma5
Not talking about difficulty, just talking about how they are to race against. On easy at least they drive on rails and bump into you like morons. I remember Forza 3 AI actually being good to race against...will have to try again on hard I guess.
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 10 2011, 02:44 AM) *
Not talking about difficulty, just talking about how they are to race against. On easy at least they drive on rails and bump into you like morons. I remember Forza 3 AI actually being good to race against...will have to try again on hard I guess.

On hard, they're better than on par with Forza 3. They will defend their line and late brake and stuff. It's a good time.
Seethegrim
I'm guessing it will be on PC too?
Razor
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Oct 10 2011, 07:47 AM) *
I'm guessing it will be on PC too?

Not in a million years.
Seethegrim
QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 10 2011, 03:45 PM) *
Not in a million years.

sad.gif

Wasn't the previous Forza's PC based too? Unless I'm getting my titles mixed up.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Oct 10 2011, 10:47 AM) *
sad.gif

Wasn't the previous Forza's PC based too? Unless I'm getting my titles mixed up.

You are.
DB9
QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 10 2011, 02:11 AM) *
On hard, they're better than on par with Forza 3. They will defend their line and late brake and stuff. It's a good time.

I struggled on "hard" difficulty also. They definitely stepped it up from F3.
clarkma5
So I've got the full version of the game and I'm confused by the menu system...

I'm starting the "world tour" mode and I want to change the AI difficulty as well as make the announcer stop telling me things. I can't figure out how to do that! Also, the world tour mode keeps auto-upgrading my cars to be at a competitive level and I want it to quit doing that. Looked through the menus and I can't find anything sad.gif
350Z
Ok since everybody has covered what they love about the game and for the most part I agree I will say I was let down by the vehicle modeling, very disappointing considering they made the same mistakes on forza 3. I was also quite annoyed when they released the ultimate edition of forza 3 since it was like a big fuck you by Turn 10 to all the fans of the game. I may well get this game at some point but there is no way im paying full price.
clarkma5
Annoyingly you can't choose AI difficulty outside of the event list...so that means no World Tour if you want decent AI opponents. That's shitty.

Also, where is the tire temp icon in Forza 4? It appears to be gone. Damn that was so useful in 3...

Still a really good game, but these issues are really leaving me scratching my head. Seem like completely stupid oversights.
moe
Got to play it for the first time this week. Completely blown away by the sheer awesomeness of it. Admittedly, most of my evening was spent going split-screen with my friends on the 'Ring, but awesome nonetheless. Jag D-Type, sexiest car ever.
Altostratus
fuck forza and fuck GT5.

battlefield3 for eva.
Razor
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Oct 27 2011, 06:49 PM) *
fuck forza and fuck GT5.

battlefield3 for eva.

Nice single player you've got there.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Oct 27 2011, 06:49 PM) *
fuck forza and fuck GT5.

battlefield3 for eva.

Fuck all those... one week and a half= MW3
Altostratus
i like big maps and bullet physics and no quick scoping.
Razor
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Oct 29 2011, 01:04 PM) *

thumbs_up.gif
shandyman5
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Oct 29 2011, 01:04 PM) *

I hear you, I feel Battlefield 3 is just to slow for my tastes.

QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 29 2011, 01:24 PM) *
thumbs_up.gif

Your just jelly that you cant quick scope...

In all seriousness are either of you guys getting it?
fiber optic
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Oct 29 2011, 12:04 PM) *

I haven't played BF3 but I've done some glorious marksmanship work with the M95 on Bad Company 2.
DB9
I got BF3. It's really awesome. Extremely addicting. I suck at flying shit though
Altostratus
i got a 709m headshot
DB9
How fucking satisfying was that? I can only imagine... the bullet drop on that shit is hard to master.

Edit: my longest is only 207m. I blow.
Cyclone
Shit, I didn't realize this was a BF3 thread.
Bjorn
I rented BF3, as all I want is the single player campaign.

Good story, good gameplay. I'm pretty satisfied.
Altostratus
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Nov 4 2011, 05:55 AM) *
I rented BF3, as all I want is the single player campaign.

Good story, good gameplay. I'm pretty satisfied.

i found single player to be extremely dry and full of moments ripped from COD games.
Bjorn
^The story was well done I thought (BF's strong point) but the gameplay was standard to the point of being boring. I completed the single payer campaign in an evening, afternoon and another part of an evening.

The tank mission was kinda cool, but not enough to make the whole game.

We're renovating our house, so I don't have network access on my Xbox ATM. No idea how the multiplayer would be.

I'm hoping MW3 offers something different . . . a single player campaign you can actually invest in. But I'm not holding my breath.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the current winner for good single player stuff in my books.
shandyman5
In twelve hours I will be taking an aderall and pulling an all nighter! Can't wait.
DB9
^Skyrim?

Razor
QUOTE(DB9 @ Nov 10 2011, 11:24 AM) *
^Skyrim?

That would be too classy. MW3, the world's most expensive DLC.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Nov 10 2011, 02:02 PM) *
That would be too classy. MW3, the world's most expensive DLC.

Oh my God you're right.... Awesome game but insane at the same time.
caster
BF3 ftw biggrin.gif
moe
I bought Skyrim a couple nights ago. I don't have friends anymore, my relationship is falling apart, I'm about to lose my job, and my car hasn't moved...or not.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Nov 16 2011, 01:05 AM) *
I bought Skyrim a couple nights ago. I don't have friends anymore, my relationship is falling apart, I'm about to lose my job, and my car hasn't moved...or not.

Time to grab a rope and find a tree.... Shit man, it isn't that bad c'mon. Just a bad day that's all.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Nov 16 2011, 01:05 AM) *

It really is that good, isn't it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.