Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I'm completely blown away, and quite annoyed
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
DreiLessons
I was curious today, as to how much youtube partners make...

So after a quick google search, and a couple youtube videos i found out some figures...

You guys know this lil' fag?

head.gif I would honestly love nothing more then to inflict pain upon this guy.

Anyways, back to the point...

Turns out, the guy's made 100 000$ in a month before...

On average, he makes about 750 bucks a day... That's 270 000$ a year... 270 000!!!!!

Fucked up, right?

Here's the catch... There's sites that sell packages...You can buy thousands, millions, billions of views, subscriptions, and likes off them for a certain price... They have a computer, or something that keeps visiting your video, and liking it...

Then there's the other ways to make money off of it... Companies will pay you thousands of dollars a video to just have their product sitting in the background. You can sell t-shirts with your face on em. You can make joke songs, sell em on itunes... Posibilites are endless.

Fred is apparently making a movie atm too...

The way I see it, the dude must be brining in 350 000$ a year at the least... And the rest of us, who go to college, university, and actually work for our money would be thanking god for a 100 000$ yearly paycheck...

head.gif head.gif head.gif head.gif head.gif head.gif head.gif head.gif
Ephdethulias
I first thought the Annoying Orange is bad, and then I stumbled upon the Annoying Orange vs. Fred. =S
Youtube does generate a lot of money for you if you have enough subscribers to view or as you said it, buying views.
Razor
I stick with tech reviews, Epic Meal Time, and the Yogscast. And that's it. Other YouTube corrodes the mind.
Bjorn
You could try to do the same, but you either choose not to, or can't (I think it's the latter).

Don't knock the guy for finding a way to make a good living doing something that hurts no one.

Also, "You guys know this lil' fag?"? Are you in Grade 3? Honestly.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Oct 1 2011, 08:06 AM) *
Don't knock the guy for finding a way to make a good living doing something that hurts no one.

I agree with this.
Razor
QUOTE(DreiLessons @ Sep 30 2011, 10:16 PM) *
You guys know this lil' fag?

This is extremely excessive and now I think much, much lower of you for using that word.

That being said, I don't fully agree with Bjorn or Fiber either. I knock him for making worthless, pathetic dribble that isn't in the least bit useful to anything or anyone. As far as I'm concerned, he's no better than the people who upload 12 second phone videos of nothing but randomness and/or stupidity; in fact, he's worse... his videos are a ton longer.

It was a great day when he lost #1 most subscribed spot on YouTube. TOP SUBSCRIBED. You guys don't fear for the current youth generation in that that many people like his stuff enough to subscribe like that? It's why I never want kids; to me it doesn't seem worth bringing any into this world with a population this stupid.
OHirtenfelder
This guy is doing what so many people are doing, making huge money in the modern day and age.
Do the guys that started google deserve the billions and billions of dollars they have made and their company is worth, for putting a pretty simple idea into practice?
Does Mark Zuckerberg deserve his money for having started a (again) really simple idea and putting it into action, without having studied (finished his studies at least) and having worked hard, etc.
This is the way things work nowadays. Money for (in the traditional sense) nothing. No years of college and years of hard work.

Does she deserve all her money?

I think you're just pissed that this guy is making waaaayyyy more money than you are biggrin.gif
DreiLessons
Jealousy makes a man do crazy things...

Anyone wanna team up? We can slow videos down, make ourselves sound tough... Call ourselves something like... Rock and Steel? canadian.gif

In all seriousness though, good for the dude for managing to rack in all that money by acting like an idiot...

Since I can't- errr- refuse to uhhh... stoop down to that level, i'll continue to dip my arms in grease up to my elbows, and... Pride myself for keeping hundreds of citizens on the road..

Beat that, Fred Raspberry.gif

This is extremely excessive and now I think much, much lower of you for using that word.

Beg My 'Pard

Also, "You guys know this lil' fag?"? Are you in Grade 3? Honestly.

Grade 6, in grade three I didn't know how to speak english.
Altostratus
we are welcoming of all types, 3 lessons.

Jacob Photo
I went to a concert / talent show over the weekend that featured some 'youtube celebrities'. This kid Ryan Higa was there, his youtube name is nigahiga. Apparently, he's the most subscribed youtube person, he has over 4m views. Anytime he came out from back stage to talk to someone, hundreds of teenage girls would scream and run over to try and say hi to him or wave to him (even though there was a fence and security between them). I had never heard of him, and he looked to be around 22 or 23 (if that, being generous). I found out later that he makes well into 6 figures solely from his youtube partnership.

I used to work at a major web site in advertising, and I know how much that site made off of video advertising. Of course, youtube is making as much if not more off of this guy's content than he is, which is why they can pay it out. We had a particular video campaign that had well over $1m in advertising leveraged against it, and it cost them well under $100k to operate the campaign.

Guess what? This is the same concept just in a different form as major motion pictures. Pay the talent a few mil, spend a few mil in production costs, make hundreds of millions in money.
Ephdethulias
Ryan Higa is no longer the most subscribed on YT, that title belongs to Ray William Johnson I believe. But at least he puts up some funny videos that makes me laugh.
Razor
QUOTE(Ephdethulias @ Oct 4 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Ryan Higa is no longer the most subscribed on YT, that title belongs to Ray William Johnson I believe. But at least he puts up some funny videos that makes me laugh.

=3 isn't funny. Ray's vlog (BreakingNYC) is HILARIOUS at times, though. He has some FUCKED UP friends.
Tony Two Shoes
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Oct 1 2011, 10:34 AM) *
Do the guys that started google deserve the billions and billions of dollars they have made and their company is worth, for putting a pretty simple idea into practice?
Does Mark Zuckerberg deserve his money for having started a (again) really simple idea and putting it into action, without having studied (finished his studies at least) and having worked hard, etc.

Of course all those people deserve their money. There's no question.

I know the ideas of Google and Facebook are relatively simple, but the implementation of those relatively simple ideas includes all the code, algorithms, security, accounting, sales, advertising, etc, etc, etc...

And just speaking from a technical aspect, implementing all of that is not easy (<<< there's the understatement of the century). I'm a web developer and built a forum similar to this for a class, except I built it with Coldfusion instead of PHP. And that was far from easy, especially implementing log-in and user security.

I know that on the surface it may not seem that other people like this YouTube kid and Paris Hilton (amongst many, many others) deserve the amount of money they earn and/or have access to. But people need to keep in mind that the free/open market dictates what these people earn. If nobody pays attention to them, they don't get paid - it's as simple as that. But with web traffic equating to advertising value and anybody having access to large amounts of web traffic for seemingly anything these days, it is a reality that uneducated and unprofessional individuals make large amounts of money with very little effort, work, or time.

I think it speaks to one's character, though, if they let that drag them down. I, for one, am very proud that I put myself through school to learn an equitable skill that I have made a career and living out of. I am self-reliant and able to support myself with my own efforts and abilities. My well-being and sustenance is reliant upon myself (and to a certain extent, market conditions), not the whim of the masses and a cyber popularity contest.

tl;dr - Haters are gonna hate. Fuck them. Do something to fucking feel good about yourself.
Razor
QUOTE(Tony Two Shoes @ Oct 4 2011, 11:03 PM) *
Paris Hilton (amongst many, many others) deserve the amount of money they earn and/or have access to. But people need to keep in mind that the free/open market dictates what these people earn. If nobody pays attention to them, they don't get paid - it's as simple as that.

Now how much of the money she dribbles away by crashing SLRs do you think she earned, and how much of it came from Daddy? Poor example, chief, even if I agree with the rest of your point.
Tony Two Shoes
QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 4 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Now how much of the money she dribbles away by crashing SLRs do you think she earned, and how much of it came from Daddy? Poor example, chief, even if I agree with the rest of your point.

Well, that's why I said "earn and/or have access to" when referring their bank roll.

And it is just another fact of life that rich and wealthy people are going to have children - and just like any socio-economic class, there are gonna be shitty parents.
Ephdethulias
QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 5 2011, 01:17 AM) *
=3 isn't funny. Ray's vlog (BreakingNYC) is HILARIOUS at times, though. He has some FUCKED UP friends.

I was talking about nigahiga. And yeah his social life is pretty fucked up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.